Turn on thread page Beta

How much revision have you done for your GCSE's? watch

ReputationRep:
    How much revision would you say you have done, and when did you start revising? Do you think you have done enough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    How much revision would you say you have done, and when did you start revising? Do you think you have done enough?
    About 2-3 hours a day, but i never seem to learn anything new, and i am not doing enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemma.....)
    About 2-3 hours a day, but i never seem to learn anything new, and i am not doing enough!
    Bettter than me though! When did you start revising? I started yesterday... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Bettter than me though! When did you start revising? I started yesterday... :confused:
    well you're either a fool or a genius! LOL no i'm joking.never too late to revise.
    Well for history and things i've revised since the syllabus stopped.still i find it hard though...probably for the past 2 -3 months..but i started off doing meagre amounts!

ReputationRep:
    well you're either a fool or a genius! LOL no i'm joking.never too late to revise.
    Well for history and things i've revised since the syllabus stopped.still i find it hard though...probably for the past 2 -3 months..but i started off doing meagre amounts!

Hehe.....I'm a fool, definately!!! For the past 2-3 months :eek: ... that's not good news for me.....

ReputationRep:
    Hehe.....I'm a fool, definately!!! For the past 2-3 months :eek: ... that's not good news for me.....
    yes, but i say that but it doesn't sink i anyway, and i tend to daydream while revising..anyway theres plenty of people who got top grades without revision...and if you do all work and listen in class there should be no probs!

You'll do fine, i'm sure...i have to revise because i would fail everything and i feel more confident doing it!

ReputationRep:
    dont worry
    i only revised for a few well that was english, maths (loads) geography, 1 of the science exams , a bit of R.E and I.T

spanish and french i didnt revise
    i got 3 A's 7B's and 1 C.
    it doesnt sound greeat but i was only predicted one A and about 6B's 3 C's

ReputationRep:
    Ihavent started history yet
    been doing a few hours of science evry day for a few weeks, but none if it seems to have gone in,

anyone else do latin/ greek, they are crazy subjects, and too hard to revise for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloaney87)
    Ihavent started history yet
    been doing a few hours of science evry day for a few weeks, but none if it seems to have gone in,

anyone else do latin/ greek, they are crazy subjects, and too hard to revise for
    hey do you do AQA History? It is soooo long and hard as there is a whole tree of paper to learn.. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do Aqa, its got russia, nazi germany, ww1, peace to war, cold war.

I think people make a big deal out of history, if you just learn a few facts and know what happens you will be fine, well at least i hope so

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do Aqa, its got russia, nazi germany, ww1, peace to war, cold war.

I think people make a big deal out of history, if you just learn a few facts and know what happens you will be fine, well at least i hope so
    Woah, i have been trying to do that for years...i see your point i suppose it is a bit of essay writing and a few facts thrown in. Still there are loads of facts to learn.

ReputationRep:
    I do OCR history, and we do the American West and Medicine Through Time. It's pretty interesting but there is absolutely loads to learn... I have 2 massive A4 ringbinders FULL of notes.....the stress! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I do OCR history, and we do the American West and Medicine Through Time. It's pretty interesting but there is absolutely loads to learn... I have 2 massive A4 ringbinders FULL of notes.....the stress! :eek:
    SNAP! i have 3 whole trees in my folders!

ReputationRep:
    SNAP! i have 3 whole trees in my folders!
    Hehe, so u do OCR board then? Or AQA?

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, so u do OCR board then? Or AQA?
    AQA sorry i forgot to mention that.

ReputationRep:
    I did GCSE Latin and Greek -- just make sure you know the defined vocabulary lists and your set texts, plus have some idea about grammar, and you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    i just revise 4 about 2 days be4 i do the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonka)
    i just revise 4 about 2 days be4 i do the exam
    just like me! i knew it was a good plan.

ReputationRep:
    revising a bit here and there and more seriously since exam leave started

i'm doing history and we do;
    • The depression and the new deal
    • Civil Rights, etc
    • Middle East
    • Vietnam

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing about 4 hours a day. Although yesterday, and this week this is increasing to a lot of the day because there is so much to learn.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.