The Student Room Group

Question about understanding the sense of these english words below!

Hi everyone!

I've got one probably stupid problem with the meaning of one part of an article which is vital for me.
Maybe i'm blind already regarding this 'cos i'm sitting here too long for this and i'm no english mother- tongue speaker so pardon me for that question.

Is it right and understandable when i write the words "agriculturally narrowed environments" in the sense of "environments that are narrowed by agriculture"? Or could someone understand it in the sense of "environments where agriculture is seldom"?

Please give me a hint someone.
Thank you!!!
Original post by greenOgre
Hi everyone!

I've got one probably stupid problem with the meaning of one part of an article which is vital for me.
Maybe i'm blind already regarding this 'cos i'm sitting here too long for this and i'm no english mother- tongue speaker so pardon me for that question.

Is it right and understandable when i write the words "agriculturally narrowed environments" in the sense of "environments that are narrowed by agriculture"? Or could someone understand it in the sense of "environments where agriculture is seldom"?

Please give me a hint someone.
Thank you!!!

agriculturally is an adverb and should not be used to convey the meaning 'by agriculture', perhaps 'environments narrowed by agriculture' or 'environments that are/have been narrowed as a cause of/due to agriculture/agricultural practices

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending