D1 or M2? Watch

kapz48
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey Guys, im not sure on what to do for A2 either D1 or M2. I think i did good this year in maths however, i probably got a D in M1. however, at least 2Bs in C1 and C2. Im really STUCK on what to do next year. Please advise me. Ill probably have to retake M1 and either have to do M1 and/or D1. But NOTT SURE.
codecompass
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
M2 is pretty much the same as M1 so if you did'nt get M1 you'll struggle with M2.
D1 is largely about hard learning: There are algorithms and definitions you need to learn and the papers tend to be not big on depth but broad width (aka, long multi part questions that are relatively easy compared to fewer but significantly harder M1 Q's) There are harder questions that come up but they make up 8 marks of the paper at most.

If I were you, I'd chose D1 as it is a easier module especially considering M2 is designed more or less for further maths people.

Take this with a grain of salt and before making up your mind look up the specification for each one to check for yourself but from personal experience, this is what I'd do.
Fay17
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
D1!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
2014_GCSE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Seriously, this is extremely simple.

DECISION 1!!!! It's the flat-out easiest module (yes, easier than Core 1). It's a bit annoying learning the steps of all the algorithms but it's just memorising steps, no real knowledge needed.
teewhyonline
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Definitely D1
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (119)
17.66%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (71)
10.53%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (119)
17.66%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (100)
14.84%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (65)
9.64%
How can I be the best version of myself? (200)
29.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed