Preliminary material for AQA Product Design Exam 2015 Watch

murshed2010
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Does anyone have the preliminary material for the AQA Product design exam on Monday (22nd June)?
I heard that I was supposed to be given this sheet months ago and I still don't have it!! Can someone please scan this in and upload it so me and my classmates can revise? We never knew we was supposed to have one until today and we never knew that it came out a few months ago.

Thanks
Nickisrc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Here it is:
Name:  Scan_20150620.png
Views: 1018
Size:  248.8 KB
No detail or information really given, thanks AQA...
I have no idea what to design if it is open for you to choose a product and a audience (as it has for the last few exams), I'm thinking some sort of docking station for teenagers based on a honeycomb shape but it doesn't sound ideal, considering the time limits and my lack of drawing skills...

Any ideas? What did you get in your coursework?
username1753569
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nickisrc)
Here it is:
I have no idea what to design if it is open for you to choose a product and a audience (as it has for the last few exams), I'm thinking some sort of docking station for teenagers based on a honeycomb shape but it doesn't sound ideal, considering the time limits and my lack of drawing skills...

That's not the sheet you need, I can't scan it but I can take a picture of the actual sheet?
Nickisrc
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Or just type the important pieces? I had no idea that's all we were ever given...
username1753569
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Or just type the important pieces? I had no idea that's all we were ever given...
It sounds like you know about the biomimicry aspect, and personally I think they're going to give you a nature themed mood board to incorporate into the design anyway, so you'll not struggle to come up with some ideas
murshed2010
Rep:
?
I was supposed to make some kind of lighting product so I made a Car Subwoofer with LED Strips going around it and it comes with an amplifier but this has nothing to do with Biometric design.

Name:  Final Product.JPG
Views: 440
Size:  31.6 KBhttps://www.facebook.com/murshed2011...41591225868012
Attached files
murshed2010
Rep:
?
Here it is:

Thank you so much mate for actually scanning it in for me
murshed2010
Rep:
?
What do we need to research and revise for this exam? i know nothing about it and i only did half the questions in my mock exam. Do we need to design something ourselves before the exam?
Nickisrc
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would just give a read of a revision guide, make sure you know some of all of the 7 main groups of materials (non and ferrous metals,soft/hardwood, thermosetting and thermoplastics, paper/card) and their properties, standard forms and how to shape them. You should also know a small handful design movements and one in detail as well as the keywords such as technology push etc... IF you know these in detail, and a little common sense then you should get a very good grade (It is usually only about 85/120 for an A*) Its worth reading pages 9-14 in the specification (http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...55-W-SP-14.PDF)

You don't have to design anything for the design but having a product in mind, as well as target market and a basic shape wil save you a hell of a lot of time in the exam. Also adds lots of detail on the design questions, bar-codes on packet and exact dimensions get you a couple extra essential marks.
joddcfc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
----------------------------------------------------MAX A*--A--B--C--D--E--F--G
45551 D&T: PRODUCT DESIGN UNIT 1 120 -84 73 62 51 42 34 26 18
45552 D&T: PRODUCT DESIGN UNIT 2 90 ---83 77 66 55 45 35 25 15

Here are the grade boundaries for last year. Is Unit 1 tomorrow's exam and Unit 2 the Innovation Challenge?
Nickisrc
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sure thing it is :3
Hows everyone thinking for tomorrow then?
murshed2010
Rep:
?
Sure thing it is :3
Hows everyone thinking for tomorrow then?
Its going good. me and a few friends have had discussions of design ideas for nature inspired products and ive read a past paper
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (159)
18.64%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (83)
9.73%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (142)
16.65%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (122)
14.3%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (82)
9.61%
How can I be the best version of myself? (265)
31.07%

Watched Threads