ha27
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
i have about 2 and a half months off from school and most days friends either dont want to go out or they are busy when im not and vice versa which leads me to wanting to go out shopping and cinema by myself do you ever do this or see people doing this or is this weird?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chicken?
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ha27)
i have about 2 and a half months off from school and most days friends either dont want to go out or they are busy when im not and vice versa which leads me to wanting to go out shopping and cinema by myself do you ever do this or see people doing this or is this weird?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't personally because I have quite active friends who go out a lot but it's not weird at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
ha27
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chicken?)
I don't personally because I have quite active friends who go out a lot but it's not weird at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
when you are out with your friends do you see teens in the shopping centre alonee?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chicken?
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ha27)
when you are out with your friends do you see teens in the shopping centre alonee?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't really look to be honest XD but I'm certain there are some who do it so go for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
XFD
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I do too my friends are unactive lol
quentinhamilton
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I prefer shopping alone because it prevents me from wasting money and time
Joshalos
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ha27)

Posted from TSR Mobile
No one will take any notice of whether you are with someone or on your own, let alone look at you and think its weird.

How many times do you notice people on their own shopping, sitting in the cinema etc? Cinema isn't even a social experience, you sit in silence and watch a film anyway!
misscaricature
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I go shopping a lot alone because it's just easier than going with friends. I'm the type of person to walk into a shop, get what I want, pay for it and leave as quick as I possibly can. Going with friends isn't as efficient.
I've never been to the cinema on my own but if you really want to see a movie I don't see any reason why you shouldn't.
ha27
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joshalos)
No one will take any notice of whether you are with someone or on your own, let alone look at you and think its weird.

How many times do you notice people on their own shopping, sitting in the cinema etc? Cinema isn't even a social experience, you sit in silence and watch a film anyway!
i see tour point but i felt strange when my friends said it would be weird but i really want to get out of he house if its hot tomorrow so im thinking just going shopping alone

Posted from TSR Mobile
yabbayabba
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Since when was going shopping alone weird?

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1628823
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I see loads of teens shopping alone with their earphones in. It's definitely not strange.
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I thought shopping by oneself is the norm
ha27
Rep:
?
(Original post by yabbayabba)
Since when was going shopping alone weird?

Posted from TSR Mobile
iv just none seen many teens my age alone but maybe there are more in other areas

Posted from TSR Mobile
MagicJigsaw
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I go shopping alone all the time, 100% more efficient than with friends, you can go back and forth between shops and spend as long as you like trying clothes on. I personally am too shy to go to the cinema alone, though.
xsashax
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I do it often and it's lovely don't worry about what other people think as well!
Anonymous #1
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ha27)

Posted from TSR Mobile
No it's not weird at all, these days so many teens go out shopping by themselves, it's so much easier because you can actually focus on what you were planning to buy instead of being distracted by friends and ending up buying more than you were planning to or forgetting to buy something. I don't know about the cinema but tbh if you really want to go out to see a film by yourself then go for it ! You'll regret not going once your holiday is over ))) don't wait for chances when your friends aren't busy.
LillyLisaa
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just go for it!! I go shopping on my own most times, I've been to the cinema on my own a couple of times and plan to go again soon, I went to a concert on my own and I recently went to this grassy area where people go and sit and have picnics and things and just read a book
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.38%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
18.03%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed