The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

xqj0209
Firstly, I am so sorry about my horrible Englsih.
Secondly, I am a Chinese in Oxford City, I am very interesting to know that what an impression Chinese have made to you generally?
Thank you to answer my question.

Oh I'd say lovely, all. And I've noticed how most are fantastic at art! And love fashion. :smile:

Without sounding racist, because I'm not but with some other races and my own race you feel uncomfortable walking down the street alone but this isn't the case with Chinese folk because the media don't ever show of Chinese terrorists, and Chinese criminals.
happysunshine
Oh I'd say lovely, all. And I've noticed how most are fantastic at art! And love fashion. :smile:

Without sounding racist, because I'm not but with some other races and my own race you feel uncomfortable walking down the street alone but this isn't the case with Chinese folk because the media don't ever show of Chinese terrorists, and Chinese criminals.

the media hardly show any chinese people yet alone crimminals or terrorists :rolleyes:
Speciez99
the media hardly show any chinese people yet alone crimminals or terrorists :rolleyes:

That's true! Although because there aren't many, I guess this has something to do with it. :frown:
Reply 63
bruce lee was awarded with the legend award at the EMMAs...:biggrin:
Reply 64
I've had good and bad experiences with Chinese people :tongue:, mostly good, I think.

I'd say the only stereotype that's true is the one that they tend to lack scruples :tongue: a lot of the ones I've known have had gambling habits and been obsessed with money!

Also some I've spoken to are against mixed race relationships and are basically racist :tongue: but that's hardly exclusive to Chinese people so *shrug*.
Reply 65
chinese ppl rules, esp HK ppl. haha.
Reply 66
Speciez99
No I have to say that there is no incentive for Human Rights Watch and Amensty international to lie since they are both charities. Why would they lie?

The fact I have provided evidence from 4 different sources I would of thought would of been reason enought to suggest that they are not lying.

You do not have to defend the Governments actions with regards to these actions. All governments make mistakes, just some larger than others.

Apart from the human rights, and their destruction of the environment, however i feel less strongly about this as the population is so large and thus needs things like electricity, I think China sounds lovely.

I agree with your propositon to some extent. Both charities are not lying. But the way they are writing things that is unacceptable.
For example, they said, "In China, the death penalty targets poor and marginalized groups including ethnic minorities, migrant communities, political dissidents, and so called 'separatists'. " I want to ask how many percentage of English criminals are poor people? And how many percentage of life sentence prisoners are poor people? I think the answer should be "most of them." There are so many reasons why some poor people commit crimes, I think you know some of them.
Reply 67
Come on guys, just because one country's policies are different to the UK's doesn't mean it's bad. You really do have to stay in China to experience what's it's really like. And if you find it's too different, then that's ok! But don't go round saying it's bad because it's different.

I did wish that us Chinese could do spectacular martial arts and fly around though. So if some idiots decide to take the piss out of our eyes (maybe their eyes are too big) or our 'broken English (let's see how they do trying to speak Chinese then!), then we could beat the crap out of them.
Reply 68
chidori
Come on guys, just because one country's policies are different to the UK's doesn't mean it's bad. You really do have to stay in China to experience what's it's really like. And if you find it's too different, then that's ok! But don't go round saying it's bad because it's different.

I did wish that us Chinese could do spectacular martial arts and fly around though. So if some idiots decide to take the piss out of our eyes (maybe their eyes are too big) or our 'broken English (let's see how they do trying to speak Chinese then!), then we could beat the crap out of them.

yeah most EU people can't pronounce chinese which include me. i found it so hard to say some of the words.
Reply 69
And yea, calling all Oriental people Chinese is so goddamn racist. For people who don't understand what we mean by this, it's like calling English people French because they look the same and have the same skin colour. :mad:

Sorry, had to say that.
Reply 70
shushimeng
yeah most EU people can't pronounce chinese which include me. i found it so hard to say some of the words.

are you chinese?
Reply 71
Fly By
are you chinese?

didn't u ask me that question before?
Reply 72
shushimeng
didn't u ask me that question before?

nope!
Reply 73
Fly By
nope!

ok i am 25% chinese and 75% Englsih
Reply 74
shushimeng
ok i am 25% chinese and 75% Englsih
Which sounds like she is proud of.
chidori

forgive me if this is aimed at me, I don't think china is bad, i am mearly pointing my only beef with the country policies. You are right about having different policies in different countries however personally i dont think that abusing/detaining political protestors and the illegal invasion of a country are things that should be acceptable by any gov.
Reply 76
chidori
Which sounds like she is proud of.

yeah i am proud of being partly chinese what's wrong with that? :rolleyes:
Reply 77
shushimeng
yeah i am proud of being partly chinese what's wrong with that? :rolleyes:

do you look like the girl off smallville...?

*drools*
Reply 78
Fly By
do you look like the girl off smallville...?

*drools*

i don't know what is smallville
Reply 79
shushimeng
i don't know what is smallville

lol, ok do oyu look like her.

http://images.google.com/images?q=kreuk&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&sa=N&tab=wi

Latest

Trending

Trending