The Student Room Group

Ethnic minorities for Western Civilisation

Yes, we are out there. No need to feel ashamed of enjoying and defending the actual country and civilisation we live in.

[video="youtube;spulRXEMvxw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spulRXEMvxw[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I do not understand what you mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would you say Western civilisation is better than East Asian (based on Confucius etc) civilisation?
Reply 3
Well done OP, if only more immigrants viewed western values as superior.

Original post by jedanselemyia
Would you say Western civilisation is better than East Asian (based on Confucius etc) civilisation?

I'd say that the Orientals are second however over time (once China and Vietnam ect.. catch up with Japan and South Korea per capita) then i'd like to see the Orient integrated into the west in terms of the close relationships we have. Of course this relies on China and the US accepting each others position like the US and EU rather than being rivals (China right now has some rather unsavoury allies).
Original post by Rakas21
Well done OP, if only more immigrants viewed western values as superior.

I'd say that the Orientals are second however over time (once China and Vietnam ect.. catch up with Japan and South Korea per capita) then i'd like to see the Orient integrated into the west in terms of the close relationships we have. Of course this relies on China and the US accepting each others position like the US and EU rather than being rivals (China right now has some rather unsavoury allies).

I was asking this because OP is half white and half east asian, so it would be interesting.
Personally, I'd say a lot of civilisations have been/are superior than Western civilisation.
Reply 5
The notion of an objectively superior value system is an oxymoron.
Original post by VannR
The notion of an objectively superior value system is an oxymoron.

This. There is no objectivity in the functionality or morality of value systems. The value of any such system is decided on an individual basis dependent on highly personal factors and thereby no one system has an invariant monopoly on being objectively 'better'
Original post by GonvilleBromhead
This. There is no objectivity in the functionality or morality of value systems. The value of any such system is decided on an individual basis dependent on highly personal factors and thereby no one system has an invariant monopoly on being objectively 'better'

Would you say someone with cancer is in bad or ill health?
I'm a minority and I believe that western values are better but I don't believe that they are anything particularly exceptional, there is still much room for improvement.

Well, East Asian civilisation is 'Western' in terms of its outlook now. Where it is not Western, it is Marxist, which is the antithesis of Western civilisation.

The idea of Western civilisation, and the ideas of those who hate Western civilisation, are perfectly encapsulated with the divide between North and South Korea.

South Korea has embraced Western civilisation, and because of this, its people are now some of the most free and prosperous in the world. And North Korea was enslaved by Marxism, or anti-western civilisation, and its people are some of the the poorest and oppressed in the world.

Same race, completely different outcomes because of the ideology which governs them.

Its a choice. The hypocrites who live in the West and then complain about it, should be sent packing to live in Isis held territory or sent to a gulug in North Korea.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rakas21

Ancient Chinese civilisation was superior to western civilisation up to Industrial Revolution, and modern-day China does not embody the traditional Chinese culture, but rather the communism-destructed version of it. And communism came from the west.
Original post by capitalismstinks
Well, East Asian civilisation is 'Western' in terms of its outlook now. Where it is not Western, it is Marxist, which is the antithesis of Western civilisation.

The idea of Western civilisation, and the ideas of those who hate Western civilisation, are perfectly encapsulated with the divide between North and South Korea.

South Korea has embraced Western civilisation, and because of this, its people are now some of the most free and prosperous in the world. And North Korea was enslaved by Marxism, or anti-western civilisation, and its people are some of the the poorest and oppressed in the world.

Same race, completely different outcomes because of the ideology which governs them.

Its a choice. The hypocrites who come to the West and then complain about it, should be sent packing to live in Isis held territory or sent to a gulug in North Korea.

That's interesting.
However, even though Western civilisation is better than those represented by ISIS and North Korea, it's far from being 100% perfect so people have a right to criticise it.
Western values and culture are superior.
That's interesting.
However, even though Western civilisation is better than those represented by ISIS and North Korea, it's far from being 100% perfect so people have a right to criticise it.

Wanting to improve the West, is not the same as seeing yourself as an enemy of the West, which unfortunately many ethnic minorities do. What concerns me is how 4th generation immigrants seem to be actively hostile to the West. I suppose we are so comfortable now we have the privilege and decadence of not remembering why the parents moved in the first place.

The war between the West and the Marxism, which came from the West, but is more like a disease that comes from the body, is still very much ongoing.

I see those against the West as just 'useful idiots' as Lenin himself said. Its the Marxists, which we call the progressive left, doing the puppeteering.
(edited 8 years ago)
Wanting to improve the West, is not the same as seeing yourself as an enemy of the West, which unfortunately many ethnic minorities do. What concerns me is how 4th generation immigrants seem to be actively hostile to the West. I suppose we are so comfortable now we have the privilege and decadence of not remembering why the parents moved in the first place.

The war between the West and the Marxism, which came from the West, but is more like a disease that comes from the body, is still very much ongoing.

I see those against the West as just 'useful idiots' as Lenin himself said. Its the Marxists, which we call the progressive left, doing the puppeteering.

I guess it depends on the colonial heritage of the country you come from.
Do you think Marxism is still that relevant today?
I guess it depends on the colonial heritage of the country you come from.
Do you think Marxism is still that relevant today?

It doesn't matter what colonial heritage you come from. If you hate western lifestyle so much then give it up. Nothing worse than the hypocrites who live their decedent lives in the West while they condemn the west for all of the worlds evils.

First thing to do would be to turn off the computer and shut off the electricity in your house. See if moaning about the west goes very far after that.

Point is, ethnic minorities who live here, must understand this is their home. And supporting Marxist cultural ideologies which attack the west is like s******g in your own bed. Its completely irrational.

yes, marxism is very important. Its ideas dominate the institutions. They go by euphemisms, like 'politically correctness', or 'cultural marxism' but what these things really mean is the Marxist narrative of history and the present....the West is bad and everything else is good. And if you disagree you are racist. Thats Marxism summed up in a line.
It doesn't matter what colonial heritage you come from. If you hate western lifestyle so much then give it up. Nothing worse than the hypocrites who live their decedent lives in the West while they condemn the west for all of the worlds evils.

First thing to do would be to turn off the computer and shut off the electricity in your house. See if moaning about the west goes very far after that.

Point is, ethnic minorities who live here, must understand this is their home. And supporting Marxist cultural ideologies which attack the west is like s******g in your own bed. Its completely irrational.

yes, marxism is very important. Its ideas dominate the institutions. They go by euphemisms, like 'politically correctness', or 'cultural marxism' but what these things really mean is the Marxist narrative of history and the present....the West is bad and everything else is good. And if you disagree you are racist. Thats Marxism summed up in a line.

It's funny how Marxism described in your terms is similar to how you view Western culture: the West is good, everything else is bad and if you don't agree you should **** off hahaha
It's funny how Marxism described in your terms is similar to how you view Western culture: the West is good, everything else is bad and if you don't agree you should **** off hahaha

In Marxist societies, you are not free to do anything, and that includes leaving.....In most Islamic societies, the situation is not much better.

In the West, you are free to do whatever you want, including leave.

This is what i don't understand about those who live here but do nothing but complain. They can always leave, but for some reason they do not. lol
(edited 8 years ago)
In Marxist societies, you are not free to do anything, and that includes leaving.

In the West, you are free to do whatever you want, including leave.

This is what i don't understand about those who live here but do nothing but complain. They can always leave, but for some reason they do not. lol

Don't push it, you're not free to do everything you want in Western society.
Maybe because they're Westerners? If you like a system you'd want to make it as good as possible.

Ironically, Marx and Engels were champions of free-market capitalism and Western supremacy: they supported the US’s conquest of California from Mexico in the 1840s; supported Britain’s and France’s military intervention against Russia in the 1850s; and cheered the Ottoman military campaign against Serbia in the 1870s. They supported colonialism in China and North Africa.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending