The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Chemistry at imperial

What GCSES do I need?
I took GCSE Chemistry in year 10 and got an A, is this good enough?
Should I do a masters to go into industry?
What is the typical salary of a Chemistry degree salary?
I can't tell if this is serious?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Kai Diawara
What GCSES do I need?
I took GCSE Chemistry in year 10 and got an A, is this good enough?
Should I do a masters to go into industry?
What is the typical salary of a Chemistry degree salary?

You get an A* in A Level Chemistry, A in A Level Maths and A in whatever other A Level (preferably Physics/Further-Maths/Biology), and you're fine.
I've been searching scientific researcher jobs in the UK, and they require PhDs. In the US and Canada, they require either Masters/PhD.
It depends, in banking you can go from £30000 to £40000 in the first year to £60000 to £100000 in 5-10 years. Scientific researchers get around £20000-30000 in the first year and that can increase to £40000-60000 in 10 years.

I've been thinking of applying for Chemistry with Molecular Physics as it mixes my favourite parts of Physics with Chemistry!:biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by asmuse123
You get an A* in A Level Chemistry, A in A Level Maths and A in whatever other A Level (preferably Physics/Further-Maths/Biology), and you're fine.
I've been searching scientific researcher jobs in the UK, and they require PhDs. In the US and Canada, they require either Masters/PhD.
It depends, in banking you can go from £30000 to £40000 in the first year to £60000 to £100000 in 5-10 years. Scientific researchers get around £20000-30000 in the first year and that can increase to £40000-60000 in 10 years.

I've been thinking of applying for Chemistry with Molecular Physics as it mixes my favourite parts of Physics with Chemistry!:biggrin:

Im still thinking to do either chemistry or chemical enginerring. I think that Chem eng is a lie as there is hardly any chemistry! but I do enjoy maths and physics. Which jobs in banking pay the salary you have mentioned??
Original post by Kai Diawara
Im still thinking to do either chemistry or chemical enginerring. I think that Chem eng is a lie as there is hardly any chemistry! but I do enjoy maths and physics. Which jobs in banking pay the salary you have mentioned??

Investment banks and the big 4.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending