The Student Room Group

Deport the poor.

I was looking for a topic to appease all the Tories on TSR and I reckon I've got a good one here.

What do you lot reckon to deporting all the poor people from the UK?

Think if it! Things like welfare, healthcare, housing and education won't be a problem because every British person will be well off or rich. We could then replace these poor people with economic migrants who have to earn their citizenship status though low wage work but heaven forbid they become unemployed for more than 6 months or we will deport them too.

Now where can we deport people too? I was thinking we could do a deal with Romania & Bulgaria.

The cost of living is vastly cheaper in poorer countries too so we could invest in the development of foreign work houses so our poor wouldn't be a burden on other countries Governments. I once heard of a suggestion of paying reduced welfare benefits to those who have been deported out of the UK but this would cost too much.

Think about it. Tax payers money could finally go to where its suppose too. Back to Tax payers!
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Define 'poor'
Reply 2
I didn't know RedBull, Monster and other companies of such are sponsoring junior trolls and raising them until they can become the true troll they were always tipped to be

Posted from TSR Mobile
rich need the poor brah, so it's a silly argument. Be easier for the rich to just isolate themselves than monitor and deport the poor.
What about the British poor people? You can't deport them
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Bill_Gates
rich need the poor brah, so it's a silly argument. Be easier for the rich to just isolate themselves than monitor and deport the poor.

They don't need the ones who don't do anything... although it IS a silly argument... but this is TSR
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
They don't need the ones who don't do anything... although it IS a silly argument... but this is TSR

Well yes they do. Actually those right at the bottom who spend everything they get and have no assets are the most valuable. Consumption of consumer goods is much higher, alcohol, cigs etc.

Very lucrative.
Reply 7
Original post by illegaltobepoor
I was looking for a topic to appease all the Tories on TSR and I reckon I've got a good one here.

What do you lot reckon to deporting all the poor people from the UK?

Think if it! Things like welfare, healthcare, housing and education won't be a problem because every British person will be well off or rich. We could then replace these poor people with economic migrants who have to earn their citizenship status though low wage work but heaven forbid they become unemployed for more than 6 months or we will deport them too.

Now where can we deport people too? I was thinking we could do a deal with Romania & Bulgaria.

The cost of living is vastly cheaper in poorer countries too so we could invest in the development of foreign work houses so our poor wouldn't be a burden on other countries Governments. I once heard of a suggestion of paying reduced welfare benefits to those who have been deported out of the UK but this would cost too much.

Think about it. Tax payers money could finally go to where its suppose too. Back to Tax payers!

LOL :biggrin:
Well yes they do. Actually those right at the bottom who spend everything they get and have no assets are the most valuable. Consumption of consumer goods is much higher, alcohol, cigs etc.

Very lucrative.

Ahh I didn't consider that. Are they not a net drain though surely?
Ahh I didn't consider that. Are they not a net drain though surely?

Only on the environment. However those at the bottom (globally) are extremely lucrative. You are better off selling to the masses than you are selling a few things to the extremely rich. The stock market reflects that.
Only on the environment. However those at the bottom (globally) are extremely lucrative. You are better off selling to the masses than you are selling a few things to the extremely rich. The stock market reflects that.

What if everyone decided to just down tools though? Things would get ****ty pretty fast if everyone was sat on their arse smoking and boozing all day.
What if everyone decided to just down tools though? Things would get ****ty pretty fast if everyone was sat on their arse smoking and boozing all day.

Looking into this at the moment, in particular in London. In terms of home ownership it's only 14% and work less households think it was around (19%) So a large proportion of Londoners have already put down the tools and 36% of children live in poverty.

London is still functioning and "prospering" however the rich are simply getting more of the gains. As would happen if everyone put down the tools. Services would decline (in theory) for the poor however society would essentially keep functioning. London is a great example, it has an extremely competitive labour market (50% are grads and 52% are living by themselves renting).

Hence why our current government is going a head with austerity, it is likely to rebalance the economy in favour of the rich and essentially won't have a large effect on living standards, (Inflation is still low, exports are going up).

But it's a very complicated issue i could go on all day (this is probably the longest reply i have ever made on TSR lol).

You also need to factor in automation of jobs. A lot of low skill jobs are becoming automated at an incredible pace (largely on the demands of workers). Royal mail has announced this week it's going a head with automated parcel sorting.

Royal mail workers are currently paid £9+ per hour for a low skilled job. Same is happening in states implementing 15 dollar minimum wage.
"deport the poor"

By the standards of the next richest person, anyone who is beneath them in terms of wealth is poor.

Therefore there would only be one person left in the end.

Me.

I own everything.
Or you could just distribute wealth more equally so there would be no more "poor" . Problem=Solved.
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Or you could just distribute wealth more equally so there would be no more "poor" . Problem=Solved.

distribute wealth and help those less fortunate? Thats not the Tory way.

Screw the poor/sick/old/destitute and help the rich get richer. Thats the Tory way
Looking into this at the moment, in particular in London. In terms of home ownership it's only 14% and work less households think it was around (19%) So a large proportion of Londoners have already put down the tools and 36% of children live in poverty.

London is still functioning and "prospering" however the rich are simply getting more of the gains. As would happen if everyone put down the tools. Services would decline (in theory) for the poor however society would essentially keep functioning. London is a great example, it has an extremely competitive labour market (50% are grads and 52% are living by themselves renting).

Hence why our current government is going a head with austerity, it is likely to rebalance the economy in favour of the rich and essentially won't have a large effect on living standards, (Inflation is still low, exports are going up).

But it's a very complicated issue i could go on all day (this is probably the longest reply i have ever made on TSR lol).

Hmmm. There must be a tipping point where if not enough people are being taxed on income then there's not enough going into the pot for the people not working, and then they can't spend / consume and the whole thing falls apart... I wonder what that % of non-contributing people is.
Hmmm. There must be a tipping point where if not enough people are being taxed on income then there's not enough going into the pot for the people not working, and then they can't spend / consume and the whole thing falls apart... I wonder what that % of non-contributing people is.

Rich pay the majority of tax. This isn't always necessarily through income tax but corporation tax, VAT, import taxes are through the roof. Not sure what the exact statistic is but it's disproportionally high.
[video="youtube;owI7DOeO_yg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owI7DOeO_yg[/video]
What a stupid idea we should rather tax all these big corporations like amozan, google and apple who don't pay there taxes here but use tax havens

Quick Reply

Latest