The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Ethnic population

What is the ethnic population like in Exeter because I'm between want to go to Exeter and Coventry however from what I have heard Coventry has a wider ethnic population.

Scroll to see replies

Wikipedia is your friend.
Exeter is 93% white.
The largest single ethnic group is Chinese at 1.7%.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Why is this an issue?
Ethnic population shouldn't even matter. Exeter is mostly white, it's in Devon. But I wouldn't be like I'm not going there to Uni because there's no black people
Original post by Gos123
Why is this an issue?

No this isn't an issue I was just curious sorry if you were offended :smile:
Original post by bassbabe
Ethnic population shouldn't even matter. Exeter is mostly white, it's in Devon. But I wouldn't be like I'm not going there to Uni because there's no black people

Nah that's childish I just wanted to know as I'm between both. Both of the unis are good and I have just been weighting yup everything
Exeter is all white. Could be awkward for you being in a tiny minority
Original post by Brownclown
Exeter is all white. Could be awkward for you being in a tiny minority

I think I should be fine I was just curious really. I'm from London and used to it being mixed ethnicity but i'm sure I will fit in :smile:
[QUOTE=Crazyjoesmith;57213389]I think I should be fine I was just curious really. I'm from London and used to it being mixed ethnicity but i'm sure I will fit in :smile:

Exeter uni itself will be fine and pretty diverse, it's just the surroundings which are predominantly white. Will that be a problem? I can't say because I don't know if people are prejudiced around there
Reply 9
Original post by Gos123
Why is this an issue?

Many reasons such as some people do not want to be the only one of their ethnicity in a place of more than a thousand of people with the same skin colour. It would be very uncomfortable and they would feel very different of course.
Reply 10
i've been around people different to me while being the odd one out and didn't feel uncomfortable until
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sdotd
i've been around people different to me while being the odd one out and didn't feel comfortable until

So have I at sixth form currently i am one of the few black people in my group of friends I don't realise after a while at first it felt a bit uncomftable but after a month every was and is perfect :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Crazyjoesmith
So have I at sixth form currently i am one of the few black people in my group of friends I don't realise after a while at first it felt a bit uncomftable but after a month every was and is perfect :smile:

crap i meant uncomfortable. apologies
Ahh it's okay
Original post by bassbabe

It's hard to fit in if you are the very minority
Thank you for letting me know I'm afraid of that's. I really want to go to Exeter but I think I will fit in hopefully if no I guess it's not eye worse things is the world I may have friends going to universites not too far from exter
Original post by kkboyk
Many reasons such as some people do not want to be the only one of their ethnicity in a place of more than a thousand of people with the same skin colour. It would be very uncomfortable and they would feel very different of course.

If they weren’t racist they would not care.
Well I'm not racist so ..
Original post by Crazyjoesmith

Lol I can totally releate, I changed sixth forms and I'm like one of the only brown people here, it is a bit weird because my friends group was made up of mostly black/brown people. But after a while the awkwardness did stop
My group of friends is 80% white 20% black I would say

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending