The Student Room Group

Transformation discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by DaveFranco
I had a flat stomachs a couple of years ago, but since I started college I've put on tonnes of weight due to stress. I'm hoping to lose weight for university.

Ah cool. I've always been pretty slim, but I do tend to put on weight in the winter. I think it's a good thing though. I always lose weight around summer, usually more than I'd like. (I don't know why I lose the weight, probably stress.)
I'd love to enter but Ramadan would effect any potential gainz :colonhash:
Wouldn't you lose weight during Ramadan, which'd be good for the competition.

I don't want to lose weight though, I want to put on size. Hence why I stuff my face during the time I can eat. :lol:
I would participate but I'm already summer ready.
Damn.
Original post by AdamCee
On a completely unrelated note, 10/10 avatar picture thing :lol:

I recognise it from somewhere....

Omg :biggrin: you have it too?! :biggrin:
Reply 85
Original post by cake_lover
I'd love to enter but Ramadan would effect any potential gainz :colonhash:

Caloric intake is the key to weight, doesn't matter if they are consumed in one sitting or throughout the day 2000 calories are 2000 calories. Look at intermittent fasting, it may help with Ramadan... Good luck with your fast too
Original post by CoBu
Caloric intake is the key to weight, doesn't matter if they are consumed in one sitting or throughout the day 2000 calories are 2000 calories. Look at intermittent fasting, it may help with Ramadan... Good luck with your fast too

Ramadan means you have to eat more in a shorter period of time. That means you will get full easier. That means lower average calorie intake.
I'll do this. Im still trying to clean bulk so it will help keep me clean lol.
Reply 88
This should be interesting. I'm in :u:
I couldn't get my laptop or phone screen to show up on the photos, they were too blurry, so I hope a magazine I bought yesterday is good enough proof.
Please don't be harsh.

Hey :smile: don't take this the wrong way, but do you by any chance have a curviture of the spine? Just wondering as was unsure if was that or bad posture.
Original post by GrimSower
OP please tell me if quality is too bad, 6 weeks to cut is too easy 8)

Quality is good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angry cucumber
TSR Transformation Contest is BACK for summer body blast!!

CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES IS WED 24TH JUNE :smile:

-It's summer and suns out; guns out! :dumbells:
-Together we can lose weight, gain muscle or just stay active and look better for summer and beyond!
-If you are feeling competitive or want to track your progress it's time to step up
-After 6 weeks of toil the transformations will be judged
-A male and female champion will be crowned :king1:

“Why should I enter TSR Transformation Contest?

- 6 weeks of fitness awesomeness
- Perhaps you are lacking motivation and need extra encouragement. :biggrin:
- Extensive support from TSR’s fitness forum.
- Get towards your desired physique. :teeth:
- Blog your progress and meet friends along the way.
- Broaden your own knowledge of health and fitness.

“Great, I’m convinced. How do I enter?”
- Take three photos of yourself, in gym kit or in underwear/ swim wear - up to you :smile: A photo from the front, side, and back. Post more if you like, the more the merrier!
- At least one of the photos must contain the date in some form. This could be by holding a newspaper or your laptop with a website which shows the date.
- Try and take the photos in good lighting, and have similar lighting for the end pictures.
- Post your start pictures in this thread between these dates:
From now until Wed 24th of June
- Post your end pictures in this thread between August 6-9th :biggrin:
- With 4 days for you to post your pictures, there are no excuses that you don’t have time!
Note: If you would like to post an anonymous, please send me a PM. Only use this avenue if you really need too, as its more fun and beneficial to join in and get involved under your username.
By posting photographs in this thread, you acknowledge a) that the photographs are viewable by any individual wishing to access The Student Room and b) that you have the required permission for posting the photos on the internet. If you are under 18, this includes parental consent. Any photographs which are thought to be inappropriate will be removed.

“What are the prizes??” :king1: :banana:

There are prizes for the top two men and top two women.

£50 of vouchers for whoever comes first :king1:
£25 of vouchers for whoever comes second :king2:

“Are there any other things I need to know before I start?”
- Judging will be: Fitness Mods will shortlist potential winners, and our sponsor/s will then pick the top transformations. :mmm:
- Entrants must not be taking steroids and there should be no discussion on this topic. Moderators will remove all posts discussing steroids. :banned:
- Be sure to start your blog!

Is this going to be the discussion thread or entry thread? kinda feels like the discussion thread...are we having one this time? Will be bare confusing without :h:

Entry on the way (when I eventually find my scales)
Original post by TheTipsyTarsier
Is this going to be the discussion thread or entry thread? kinda feels like the discussion thread...are we having one this time? Will be bare confusing without :h:

I agree this thread will probably get confusing and cluttered :frown:
Original post by TheTipsyTarsier

I'll create a discussion thread tomorrow when I'm on a computer and move stuff over

Posted from TSR Mobile
@Angry cucumber are my pictures working? I couldn't get them to upload right :/
Original post by Odd socks
@Angry cucumber are my pictures working? I couldn't get them to upload right :/

All good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do people have the guts to post pictures on here? :redface: Don't you feel awkward knowing that everyone can see what you look like in underwear? :redface:
Original post by Maid Marian
How do people have the guts to post pictures on here? :redface: Don't you feel awkward knowing that everyone can see what you look like in underwear? :redface:

Being an anonymous adult makes it fine having done it before

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really.. I know I could look better but I still don't think it's anything to be ashamed of.

Nope, don't see why it's seen as such a big deal to be honest. It's just a body, we all have one. And I've nothing to feel awkward or ashamed about.

Quick Reply