Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's my last ever ever day of school tomorrow....and it's only just hit me. Been going to the same school for the last 12 years (that's something like two thirds of my life....and when you consider I can hardly remember the first three years, then it's about three quarters)....and tomorrow it'll all be over - only exams left. I can't believe this stage of my life is coming to an end.

I'm going to miss my friends soooooo much. How bizzare not to be able to see them every day....even my teachers - I might miss them a little bit too.

So, this is the final "goodbye to childhood" really, isn't it?.....But I so don't feel grown-up. I feel about 12.

Bet I'll be doing a lot of crying tomorrow.

To all those who've already had their last day of school, what was it like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    It's my last ever ever day of school tomorrow....and it's only just hit me. Been going to the same school for the last 12 years (that's something like two thirds of my life....and when you consider I can hardly remember the first three years, then it's about three quarters)....and tomorrow it'll all be over - only exams left. I can't believe this stage of my life is coming to an end.

I'm going to miss my friends soooooo much. How bizzare not to be able to see them every day....even my teachers - I might miss them a little bit too.

So, this is the final "goodbye to childhood" really, isn't it?.....But I so don't feel grown up. I feel about 12.

I had mine last friday, and it's still really not hit me that I'll never be going back there except for exams and results. Maybe after half term's over it'll sink in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)

So, this is the final "goodbye to childhood" really, isn't it?.....But I so don't feel grown-up. I feel about 12.

I've been through that 3 weeks ago, it was truely a tragic day.

ReputationRep:
    hehe you'll miss the things you hated doin!

ReputationRep:
    Day couldn't come sooner for me, school was the worst time of my life, you start school, you keep your head down, then you leave, if your lucky. Well is the case at my school/in my area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sang)
    Day couldn't come sooner for me, school was the worst time of my life, you start school, you keep your head down, then you leave, if your lucky. Well is the case at my school/in my area.
    you get bullied at school?

ReputationRep:
    I finished last Friday and will finish all my exams in a month's time. So basically, I have a 4-month summer holiday. Yay....5am sleeps and 3pm wake-ups....

ReputationRep:
    i finished a week ago today....have been in the same school 4 14years...was horrible to think im not gonna be seeing all my mates every day and that....gutted, i am really upset...

ReputationRep:
    In the last few days we were falling over each other to do stuff which no one had liked, such as going to chapel and debates etc., because we wouldn't have a chance to do it again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops1)
    i finished a week ago today....have been in the same school 4 14years...was horrible to think im not gonna be seeing all my mates every day and that....gutted, i am really upset...
    how have you been there for 14 years?!? i aint never heard of no crazy primary-secondary-school mishmash before!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    how have you been there for 14 years?!? i aint never heard of no crazy primary-secondary-school mishmash before!
    her school has prep and pre-prep departments attached to it I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    What was it like?..... FUN!!!! We stole an amp from the music department at lunch time, and one of my mates had brought in their MD player, we connected them up and started dancing to silly songs, and singing along. We had the macarena, Grease, loads of other stuff, and for the grand finale (sp?) we had Bohemian Rhapsody at full blast. Needless to say we were stared at by all the little children

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    well primary school ... from the age of 4 to the age of 11/12 then secondary school till the age of 18 .. my school has a 6th form 2...
    its a seperate building and stuff for primary but its the same school and everyone who goes there gets a guaranteed place at the high school

ReputationRep:
    it was sad but u do move on and trust me college is a whole lotta fun!!

ReputationRep:
    our last day of college was the best ever. can't believe how quickly the last 2 years has gone, so much has happened.

we spent most of it in the pub

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    We don't get a proper last day of college. We don't even get any study leave (apart from one week where all the teachers are making us come in anyway). *feels left out*

ReputationRep:
    I left school on Friday and whenever I think about it, I feel sad.
    Friday was fun (we had parties!!) and we went out for a Chinese with our teachers in the evening. I was fine until it came to saying goodbye, at which point I cried. Feeling a bit better now, but I know that I will be so sad after my last exam when I walk out of the school gates for the last time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by interiority)
    I didn't cry. Because I am DEAD inside.

We played many tricks, bounced on a castle and had very much fun.
    Ooh we had the coolest bouncy castle near work the other day. There was this Hot Air Balloon festival going on in the grounds, and they had a big castle, with a joiny bit then two turrets at the side. It was *huge*. Didn't get a go though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    our last day of college was the best ever. can't believe how quickly the last 2 years has gone, so much has happened.

we spent most of it in the pub

lou xxx
    I know what you mean, i've only been in college for two years but feel way more at home and attached to it than i did to school.

I cant believe that 2 years could go so fast..... where the hell is my life whizzing off to at such as great speed and why cant it slow down and wait for me to catch up?!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.