samo1888
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi

I just finished my A2 exams and I am taking a gap year next year, mainly due to my AS results not being up to par. My August results will be a better reflection of my potential. Therefore I will apply to study (Business Management) for 2016.

So, for my gap year, I want to get a job. I've never had a job at al, like in a store or anything.

I'm looking at placements e.g. IBM, Deloitte, etc. I would prefer to work at these firms for 6-8 months rather than just a store on the high-street, as these would provide me with key experience in the work I want to go into.

Does anyone have any good websites/places to apply for jobs like these?
Prefarrably a salary of 12-15k, I want to work at a big firm as mentioned but do they accept people like me?

Please if you have any tips/help any useful places please let me know!

jennyrules
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
there is the year in industry scheme with the EDT trust. im on it right now and they have loads of places for it and business
alexh42
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You should do a year in industry course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
samo1888
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by jennyrules)
there is the year in industry scheme with the EDT trust. im on it right now and they have loads of places for it and business
hmmm, how does it work? I checked the vacancies but not many in my area :/
What is the interview process like, and where did you work?
SeanKennedyIBM
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by samo1888)
Hi

I just finished my A2 exams and I am taking a gap year next year, mainly due to my AS results not being up to par. My August results will be a better reflection of my potential. Therefore I will apply to study (Business Management) for 2016.

So, for my gap year, I want to get a job. I've never had a job at al, like in a store or anything.

I'm looking at placements e.g. IBM, Deloitte, etc. I would prefer to work at these firms for 6-8 months rather than just a store on the high-street, as these would provide me with key experience in the work I want to go into.

Does anyone have any good websites/places to apply for jobs like these?
Prefarrably a salary of 12-15k, I want to work at a big firm as mentioned but do they accept people like me?

Please if you have any tips/help any useful places please let me know!

Hi Samo,
At IBM we offer a Gap year scheme and a Year out of university for a placement.

Message me if this is something of interest to you!

Hope to hear from you soon!

All the best,
Sean Kennedy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (438)
56.3%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed