did any1 else have an english lit exam on friday? watch

ReputationRep:
    how do u think u did?

ReputationRep:
    This should probably be in this sub-forum

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

AQA GCSE English Lit?

I think I did alright really, well I'm aiming for an A. I did Catcher in the Rye Q15 and poetry Q25. Scraped 7 sides of writing total.

You?

And yes, LS does have a point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonka)
    how do u think u did?
    Badly. Incredibly bad. Worse than ever before, and I never do well in English tests. I had writers block for 20 minutes. And I was sat at the front, so when all the teachers were changing duties I could hear them whispering to each other... Nothing like a good old distraction in the middle of an exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    Yes.

AQA GCSE English Lit?

I think I did alright really. I did Catcher in the Rye Q15 and poetry Q25. Scraped 7 sides of writing total.

You?
    how did u manage 2 write 7 sides, i only wrote 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    Badly. Incredibly bad. Worse than ever before, and I never do well in English tests. I had writers block for 20 minutes. And I was sat at the front, so when all the teachers were changing duties I could hear them whispering to each other... Nothing like a good old distraction in the middle of an exam
    hm sounds bad. but maybe u've done better than u think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonka)
    how did u manage 2 write 7 sides, i only wrote 5.
    I don't know myself! Our english teacher said we should be writing about one side every fifteen minutes. I only managed about 5 or 6 on the mock but this time I had all my page references noted down in the back of my novel, and loads of notes on the poems, so I ended up wasting very little time not writing.

ReputationRep:
    i did q2 on the prose and q21 on the poems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonka)
    i did q2 on the prose and q21 on the poems
    Ah ok. Just wondering, how many people look at the Anthology prose section rather than having an independent set text? Seems boring to me. The Catcher in the Rye was a pretty good, if weird, book which I'd never have read otherwise.

Q21 on the poems? Ah, looks like you did Clarke and Heaney.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    Ah ok. Just wondering, how many people look at the Anthology prose section rather than having an independent set text? Seems boring to me. The Catcher in the Rye was a pretty good, if weird, book which I'd never have read otherwise.

Q21 on the poems? Ah, looks like you did Clarke and Heaney.
    yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    I do seriously doubt that. But thanks for the confidence!

Did anyone do Mockingbird? If so, which question? And also, Q20 in the poetry section, anyone do that?

Yeh I did the Mockingbird, which question did u chose? I did the one about Atticus being a good father. Which was Q20 in the poetry again cos I did the one about Parent-Chile Relationships.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.