Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i know the soloman papers are ment 2 mimic the actual edexcel maths papers but r they easier or harder then them? I am doin my p3 exam next week and find the soloman papers not that difficult....but should i xpect questions of a similar level in the exam???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladoooo)
    i know the soloman papers are ment 2 mimic the actual edexcel maths papers but r they easier or harder then them? I am doin my p3 exam next week and find the soloman papers not that difficult....but should i xpect questions of a similar level in the exam???
    im not sure im doing my p3 next week and yeah i think soloman are a little bit easier but i aint sure! hopefully not but im not sure

ReputationRep:
    edexcel i would guess.....soloman papers r definitely eaiser i am afraid

ReputationRep:
    I've always found the Solomon papers slightly harder than official Edexcel ones. Most people I know agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lgs98jonee)
    edexcel i would guess.....soloman papers r definitely eaiser i am afraid
    Yeah I agree... Solomons are far easier, although the best practice are the EdExcel past papers :rolleyes: I'm finding the P2 and P3 really realy difficult

ReputationRep:
    i got my p3 exam next week, does anyone have the solomon papers they could send me, i got mrhughes.net for the edexcel ones, but i forgot to print out the solomon ones from school before half term

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    I've always found the Solomon papers slightly harder than official Edexcel ones. Most people I know agree.
    I agree... Dunno what everyone's talking about that they're easier!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    I definitely agree with that, Edexcel are easier in comparison to Soloman i feel. The questions on Soloman are quite random and don't have the same logical follow through as Edexcel.

P3 is a ******* though, the one maths exam i am probably going to completely **** up big time, clashes with my P1 resit as well which doesn't help.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see much of a difference between them, but i believe the Solomon ones are supposed to be harder than the actual ones. I think it is so that when you sit the exam it is less shocking when a hard question hits you as you have done them when doing the Solomon papers, but as i said at the start i don't see that much of a difference.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 31, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.