The Student Room Group

University of Law vs BPP

From a quick search there doesn't seem to be a recent thread on this, and since both providers are constantly improving their offerings, I'd quite like to hear some opinions from current students.

I'm looking to start the GDL in September and, having looked into both providers, my general impression is that BPP is the more commercially orientated, is favoured by the majority of top city firms and is more forward-thinking in its approach.

However UoL is changing the layout of its exam timetable from Sept 2015 onwards. Rather than being assessed on all the modules at the end of the year in June, they are spread evenly across the three terms. I think I'm right in saying BPP is yet to introduce this (?) and I feel like this may be quite a large drawback, given how intense the GDL is and how much information there is to take in.

Can anyone comment on any of these factors, particularly with regards to assessments, but also on any other considerations that swayed you one way or the other? Thanks

P.S. I'll be applying to the London branches of the respective providers and will then take the LPC the following year.
Reply 1
bump...
Hi MC armani,

Obviously I'm biased! But I would say come along to both our, and the University of Law's open evenings. These will give you the opportunity to talk informally with current students, have a look around the facilities, speak with tutors who are going to be teaching you and get an overall feel of which would suit you best.

Our next GDL Open Evening is on the 13th of July in London and we would love to see you there.

If you have any further questions or would like to speak with a GDL tutor or student before then just let me know and we can arrange something.

Thanks
David

Quick Reply

Latest