Do I have an obligation to stop the bullying?

Watch
Tengler
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So, there is a girl at my school and we played together when we were babies and toddlers. When we started school together we were very close. However, we grew apart and while I have become very happy and popular, she has been bullied. Stuff like people stuffing her in lockers (the lockers are big American style things), ripping up her homework in front of her and chasing her home. My sister believes that I should help her and showed me a photograph of her and myself together to make me feel guilty. Should I intervene. Could it make the bullying worse? What should I do.

We both will be starting A levels quite soon but we will still be studying A levels at the same place. Does that make a difference?
Tengler
Rep:
?
Is it too late?
Most Competitive
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Help her!

It's a myth that intervention makes bullying worse.
Bria331
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tengler)
However, we grew apart and while I have become very happy and popular, she has been bullied. Stuff like people stuffing her in lockers (the lockers are big American style things), ripping up her homework in front of her and chasing her home.

We both will be starting A levels quite soon but we will still be studying A levels at the same place. Does that make a difference?
The best thing to do is report it, if it is this bad why no one has picked it up is beyond me unless she isn't very nice. A smile or a quick text to say hello or even asking her to join you at lunch may be well appricated by her. You have no obligation to stop the bullying but it would be a nice thing to do. Perhaps when you start Alevels at this new place you could just allow her to tag along with you for example this could allow her to use your popularity to make friends of her own. It is your choice.
Alba2013
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I too think you should help her. She must feel really lonely
JoshDawg
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Are you studying A-levels at another school / college? When I got into year 12 bullying had ended for pretty much anyone being bullied. The people who bully (in my area) tend to leave school early to do some apprenticeship (after applying and failed to get it) and then go do something at the local college. The people who want to stay in school and learn not bully are generally the ones who go into 6th form.

Much more of a pleasant life in 6th compared to lower years.
Anonymous #1
Report 6 years ago
So, there is a girl at my school and we played together when we were babies and toddlers. When we started school together we were very close. However, we grew apart and while I have become very happy and popular, she has been bullied. Stuff like people stuffing her in lockers (the lockers are big American style things), ripping up her homework in front of her and chasing her home. My sister believes that I should help her and showed me a photograph of her and myself together to make me feel guilty. Should I intervene. Could it make the bullying worse? What should I do.

Survival of the fittest, just let it be.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That sort of stuff usually stops once you finish year 11. That summer everyone just changes. Quite magical. But either way... If you can do good things for other people, you have a moral obligation to do those things. Not choice — responsibility. :yep:
Zizi11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You should help her and make her a life a bit easier.
Error404OLE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes you should. Bullying can have some really damaging effects on her. It could lead to depression, anxiety both of which are horrible especially during teenage years. If she never did anything bad to you then she is still a friend.

If you see anyone bullying her now, set the abuser straight. Kick there ass.
Tengler
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zizi11)
You should help her and make her a life a bit easier.
How can I help her? I can never been bullied. Have you ever been bullied? What can I do to help her?
Error404OLE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Survival of the fittest, just let it be.
Lmao
Zizi11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How can I help her? I can never been bullied. Have you ever been bullied? What can I do to help her?
Well you could try and talk to her bullies get them to stop it. If not you could get her to hang out with you. Just befriend her. I have and its not nice.
Tengler
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zizi11)
Well you could try and talk to her bullies get them to stop it. If not you could get her to hang out with you. Just befriend her. I have and its not nice.
Thank you for the advice!
Zizi11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thank you for the advice!
Your welcome. I hope it stops, poor girl must be lonely.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I don’t think you should stand up to the bully but maybe text or go and say hello to her to show her somebody cares.
jenerous
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don’t think you should stand up to the bully but maybe text or go and say hello to her to show her somebody cares.
The thread is five years old.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
22.67%
Excited but a bit nervous (146)
45.34%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.8%
I'm really nervous (65)
20.19%

Watched Threads