The Student Room Group

Self Teaching - Further Maths

Hey there,

I'm looking to self teach myself Further Maths, M1, M2 and FP1. Is there any resources available to help me learn these subjects? I'm willing to pay for them and they can come in any way thread, videos, pdf etc.

If anyone can help I'd be thankful

Cheers!
Original post by JWilkins
Hey there,

I'm looking to self teach myself Further Maths, M1, M2 and FP1. Is there any resources available to help me learn these subjects? I'm willing to pay for them and they can come in any way thread, videos, pdf etc.

If anyone can help I'd be thankful

Cheers!

Wow, that's a big task - you're very brave!!
I would very much recommend examsolutions.net - it's been a huge help to me (I did further maths AS this year)
I might not be able to direct you to any specific resources but I can give you some general advice.

This year I self taught myself the whole Edexcel Further Maths A-level (except FP1 which I did last year). In case your curious I planned on doing FP1, FP2, FP3, M1, M2 and S2 for further maths.

The best tip I can give is to go through ALL of the exams at a surface level very early on. Research what content you need to sit exams. For instance, S2 only needs C1 and C2 knowledge whereas FP2 presumes C1, C2 and C3. You can plan what you learn at this stage.

Make sure the modules you're doing are actually legitimate for Further Maths. You need to do FP1 at the very least for your AS. The 5 remaining can just be your optional modules. I would suggest doing S2 in your Further Maths if you can as it is not much a step up from S1.

1-2 months away your exams is when you should look deeper into your modules. If you revise this too early then you're just gonna forget it with the amount of knowledge you need to know.

As someone who's currently sitting exams for what you plan on doing, I'll answer any questions you have :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending