The Student Room Group

Uni & Getting into relationships

When starting your 1st year at university, how often do people get into relationships and stuff? Is it more common since you're away from home and living amongst people basically 24/7? Or are people a bit more reserved?
I think there`s more casual sex than relationships, but obv this depends on the person!
At home (LSE in London), I had quite a few relationships in my first year because it was just a settling-in period and things weren't too hard (academically speaking). In the 2nd and 3rd year, things got tougher, meaning that I had less time for such things. Consequently, I went down the ONS/casual sex route a lot in my final 2 years, and only had like 5-6 proper relationships in that period of time.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
When starting your 1st year at university, how often do people get into relationships and stuff? Is it more common since you're away from home and living amongst people basically 24/7? Or are people a bit more reserved?

I haven't seen in happening as much as I thought it would before starting uni. There are a few people, but not the majority of people I know that are in relationships. Or maybe that's just Bristol uni lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending