The Student Room Group

Broken shower - can anyone help?

Some nights it's been boiling hot even on the lowest temperature, and tonight it's freezing cold even on the maximum temperature, it's so bad I have to skip having a shower and go to bed dirty lol.

Anyone skilled in this area who knows whats up?
Original post by davidguettafan
Some nights it's been boiling hot even on the lowest temperature, and tonight it's freezing cold even on the maximum temperature, it's so bad I have to skip having a shower and go to bed dirty lol.

Anyone skilled in this area who knows whats up?

Yep, is it electric shower? or from the mains?
Original post by Bill_Gates
Yep, is it electric shower? or from the mains?

Erm I'm not too sure, how do I tell? Sorry if it seems obvious I have no idea :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Go cold u wimp

Start low on the legs and push it up

Don't put it on your feet to long it'll make them freeze
Reply 4
Use a bucket.
Erm I'm not too sure, how do I tell? Sorry if it seems obvious I have no idea :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

not too worry. I am guessing it is the sensor in your boiler which has gone. This is where i would start first as it's the cheapest to replace.

£12-£22 for the sensor and like £20 for a call out from a gas engineer. If not that, it could be the mechanics inside the shower if it's electric. If not that then it's the boiler tech which might of malfunctioned.

Is it a house or flats? if it's flats with connected water supply it might just be a pressure issue.

But as you can tell, you might need to call someone out and they will go through the check list. Cannot say from here for sure.
Original post by whorace
Go cold u wimp

Start low on the legs and push it up

Don't put it on your feet to long it'll make them freeze

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bill_Gates
not too worry. I am guessing it is the sensor in your boiler which has gone. This is where i would start first as it's the cheapest to replace.

£12-£22 for the sensor and like £20 for a call out from a gas engineer. If not that, it could be the mechanics inside the shower if it's electric. If not that then it's the boiler tech which might of malfunctioned.

Is it a house or flats? if it's flats with connected water supply it might just be a pressure issue.

But as you can tell, you might need to call someone out and they will go through the check list. Cannot say from here for sure.

It's a house, ok thanks for your advice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's a house, ok thanks for your advice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sensor is your first port of call. I just dealt with this issue few days ago. It wasn't the sensor turned out to be the shower so had it all replaced.

Good luck, nothing to worry about too much.
Some nights it's been boiling hot even on the lowest temperature, and tonight it's freezing cold even on the maximum temperature.

Welcome to planet Earth.
We all go through this dw.
Reply 10

I take that as a polite 'are u absolutely mental mate'
Ask someone to give you a golden shower, at least that way you won't have to walk around dirty
Original post by bassbabe
Ask someone to give you a golden shower, at least that way you won't have to walk around dirty

Just googled golden shower.

Wouldn't that make you even more dirty lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just googled golden shower.

Wouldn't that make you even more dirty lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it gives your skin a lovely golden glow
Original post by bassbabe
No it gives your skin a lovely golden glow

Have you ever received a golden shower

Posted from TSR Mobile
The real problem is that your having a sower before bed...
Have you ever received a golden shower

Posted from TSR Mobile

No because I prefer the unclean look, very boho
Original post by Lemon Haze
The real problem is that your having a sower before bed...

You don't shower before bed??

Posted from TSR Mobile
You don't shower before bed??

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's the point in that? You must work in a coal mine!
Head to the red light district and ask for it golden :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest