The Student Room Group

What do I do? (Not urgent)

Okay, so I'm a guy at college and there's a girl who I met earlier in the year through a close friend of mine who happens to talk to her quite a bit. Me and the girl get along quite well, at first we'd only really speak if this mutual friend of ours was there but when we did it always went so well, I'd pull out all the jokes and funny stories and felt like the heart of the conversation. We do some of the same subjects, but we didn't really speak much alone aside from the odd 'Hey' or a facebook message. Recently though we've been speaking quite a bit more and had funny conversations without this mutual friend of ours.
Not too long ago, I initiated a conversation with her and it was just general chit chat where I talk about random bs to make her laugh and such, but then it got a little more serious where we were both talking about our future and confiding in eachother, about little things, nothing too serious. It was probably the nicest conversation I've had with her and anyone else recently, and it seemed like we built a connection.

The thing is, I actually really like her. She's absolutely beautiful, we share so many common interests and opinions and I can't help but feel as though there might be more than nice conversations in store if I try, y'know?
She's quite shy but she seems quite cool around me and my friends, like now she'll happily approach me to talk if she's alone or with someone we both know. However, although I'm into her, I don't know what I should do. You see, she's not the type of girl that gets into relationships and I know of a few people she's turned down since I first met her, so I just don't know if she's wanting that kind of relationship with anyone or if she just wasn't into them, and if that's the case why would I be different? I'm not the type of guy that actively seeks relationships either, I kinds just go with the flow and if a girl is interested then I'll take the opportunity, but only if it's a sure thing because I'd hate rejection, especially from someone I'm fond of.

Another issue is, this close friend of mine talk to her all the time, and I'm not entirely sure how he sees her either, and I don't want my own urges to conflict with anyone's friendship and make things awkward. My natural thing to do would be to wait it out, carry on as I have and let the friendship blossom until I see an obvious sign that I should go further. Or should I talk to this girl and try and open up about my thoughts? I'm going to see her a lot next year and I don't want my actions in the near future to ruin things in the long-term.

I apologise for this thread, it's unlike me to post something like this however I'd be interested in other's personal experiences and advice from anyone who can relate.
You sound too scared to fail, I'd give up on this girl for the time being and just focus on others, get into a couple one night stands. Come back when you have more options.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ALevelBro
You sound too scared to fail, I'd give up on this girl for the time being and just focus on others, get into a couple one night stands. Come back when you have more options.

Yeah you're probably right, thanks for the advice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending