do u all write something like this?

Watch
Michael P
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
do u all write something like this for your essay/assignments? is this not good enough? are all ur essays written like this?

After the publication of John Philips’ Illustrations of the Geology of Yorkshire: Part One, the geology of the Yorkshire coast, particularly Scarborough, has been pensively debated amongst scholars. However, most would agree that the end of the Triassic period was the time in which differential subsidence created the Cleveland Basin and East Midlands shelf. Both of these shelves uplifted to form the East-West trending anticline as shown in figure one (Bray et al, 1992). While Kent (1980a) argued that the uplifting began in the late Cretaceous period, Hemingway (1982) argued that it began in the Tertiary period itself.

During the early Jurassic, a eustatic change in sea level established a marine regime over the Market Weighton High as shown in figure 2. The Siliceeous Shales consist of silty shales with thin harder siltstones. Sellwood (1970) suggested that each siltstone band formed the top of a smale scale of 1-4m, which he attributed to change in sea level. However, the careful logging of the sequence by Hesselbo (1996) showed that there are upwards of 70 of these sandy incursions varying considerably in their thickness and in the degree to which scouring was involved in their deposition. The suggestion of Buchem (1989) that the whole sequence was deposited in a shallow marine shelf by storms of varying intensity, is gaining acceptance today.
Michael P
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I don't know how to write assignment... maybe u can help with my writing???
Comeback
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm not sure with the referencing but your work reads very well and sounds very academic.

Only criticism I would have is purely a personal one: to me your essay sounds very neutral, almost Wikipedia-like. While there is nothing wrong with Wikipedia it might be a good idea to think a bit more about adding an angle to your work. You've said "However, most would argue" which appears to signal a focus to your essay, then it wanders (this guy thought, whereas this guy thought...) across scholars without much of your argument.

However, don't take my word for it, I'm sure others would disagree and it's just something to consider (and reject if you're happy with your style).
Laurelia
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just a heads up.
This guy is a known troll on another forum. I'd not waste your time responding to him.

http://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index...opic=66708&hl=
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (77)
29.06%
No (188)
70.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise