K3lvin
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi i want to apply for computer science at kings and wel my as results are AABE, an e in maths, a in ict, psychology and a B in geography. I am doing ict geo, psych at a2 and well when i apply for a cs course at kings does that E have an effect on my application

Some1 please reply
King’s College London
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi @K3lvin,

Thanks for your question and great to hear you are thinking about studying at King's! The entry requirements for Computer Science BSc are AAB (with grade B in at-least one of these subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, ICT, Electronics, or Statistics). For GCSE you will need a Grade B in Mathematics. Because you're doing ICT through to A2 you will need to achieve a B to meet the requirements. For your Mathematics do you have a B at GCSE? When you write your personal statement through UCAS this is your opportunity to shine and tell us about yourself, why you are passionate about the course and studying at King's, if you feel you'd like to discuss your E in Mathematics you could mention it, but only if you choose to. You can also focus on highlighting your key strengths and experience

I hope this helps - let me know if you have any more questions. You can also get in touch with our admissions team for further assistance - you can find their details here: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/ug/contacts.aspx#admissions.

Thanks and all the best with your A2 year!

Kerri
kidjim
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hi i was wondering if anyone could help me, i have just finished my exams and i am going into my third year of a levels. i have finished maths a level (within 2 years) snd hopefully at an A grade and i will be taking a2 eco and chem next year. most likely i will be predicated AA in these and i might retake c3 c4 to try and get the A* so overall i will be applying to computer science with A*AA (maths eco and chem) predicated and the course is aab. unfortunately my gcse grades arent quite good maths at c and english at c, as i im doing a levels for 3 years and bad gcses do you think i will have a chance at getting into kings computer science course. i am also considering doing further math AS next year to try and make my application as strong as possible.
K3lvin
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by King’s College London)
Hi @K3lvin,

Thanks for your question and great to hear you are thinking about studying at King's! The entry requirements for Computer Science BSc are AAB (with grade B in at-least one of these subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, ICT, Electronics, or Statistics). For GCSE you will need a Grade B in Mathematics. Because you're doing ICT through to A2 you will need to achieve a B to meet the requirements. For your Mathematics do you have a B at GCSE? When you write your personal statement through UCAS this is your opportunity to shine and tell us about yourself, why you are passionate about the course and studying at King's, if you feel you'd like to discuss your E in Mathematics you could mention it, but only if you choose to. You can also focus on highlighting your key strengths and experience

I hope this helps - let me know if you have any more questions. You can also get in touch with our admissions team for further assistance - you can find their details here: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/ug/contacts.aspx#admissions.

Thanks and all the best with your A2 year!

Kerri
Would the E have any effect on a chance of getting an offer from kings.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (697)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (875)
42.56%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
19.07%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.47%

Watched Threads