The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Shared Accommodation in Birmingham

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone on here knows of any shared accommodation in Birmingham I could have a look at.
If you could leave a link to their website or the name of the place, that would be perfect.

Hi Zappaz,

I used http://www.accommodationforstudents.com/ recently to search for shared housing in Bristol for my placement year, there's lots of different options on there certainly in the area I looked. May be worth a try for Birmingham.

Best of luck with your search :smile:
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Zappaz4444
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone on here knows of any shared accommodation in Birmingham I could have a look at.
If you could leave a link to their website or the name of the place, that would be perfect.

Hi there,

It may not be of use, but if you want a general idea of where our students get house shares they tend to be in the areas of: Erdington, Edgebaston and Selly Oak.

Josh
Reply 3
Original post by Zappaz4444
Hi,

Hey!

I have a room in Selly Oak if anyone is interested. It's a 6 bedroom house with modern blue ceiling lighting, gorgeous cushiony dark chocolate brown carpet (rooms & stairs) - everywhere else is marble tiles (living room, kitchen, bathroom). Three bathrooms, each on every floor - you will only be sharing with one other person.

It's £97ppw and £416pm (incl. bills) (very cheap compared to halls) - Plazma screen in living area - Sky TV & unlimited broadband, long garden, washing machine. The room available is fully furbished with double bed, a wardrobe, study desk and computer chair and a large chest draw cupboard (dark chocolate brown/black)

Current housemates are females although happy to live with anyone. They are friendly and clean and love to have a good time so don't worry about missing out on fun. They've already had a welcome gathering for those who have moved in Selly Oak early.

Not trying to sound OTT but you will not get a place of the same quality and price in halls. If you want the best of both worlds I heavily recommend that you apply for a house in safe and student-friendly areas like Selly Oak (Like Aston Uni has mentioned).

I'm currently paying £121p/w in the halls I am in now (dreadful!), but I had no choice.I have more details and pictures of course! If you're interested let me know!

P.S. I can email anyone who is serious - I only have a video of the room available. I will go and take pics sometime this week. The lights look amazing in person and in video without flash; the pictures below were taken with flash and hence overpowered the lights.

Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
edexcel sending.jpg
Reply 4
I've had good experiences with accommodationforstudents in the past and so used again ahead of starting my Masters this September (applies for postgrad halls but they were too expensive), and found myself a house. I recommend it as there are lots of criteria you can select to find the most suitable accommodation for you.

Quick Reply

Latest