The Student Room Group

Physics A2 levels and maths

I've just taken my AS exams in physics, chemistry biology and English. I want to take physics at A2 but I don't do maths at AS level. I got an A at maths in GCSE, will A2 physics be possible without AS maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's probably best to double check with your school. Here in Scotland we're not allowed to take Advanced Higher physics without Higher maths because of the involved calculus and work with radians. I'm not sure if it's the same for you but physics may be quite difficult without a strong background in school maths.
Speak to you teachers and see what they have to say on the matter. Good luck :smile:
Okay Thankyou! My teachers said they could teach me the maths and I would be okay, but I'm worried they're just saying it so I do the course rather than the fact I can actually do it! I need AAB to get into the uni I want and so I can't risk failing it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Don't worry, physics A-level has been totally stripped of mathematics. It is a bit controversial, but in your case it is quiet convenient. You'll be fine.
Okay Thankyou!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest