The Student Room Group

How will I be graded across Maths and Further?

I've definitely achieved these grades (percentages):
C1- 98
C2- 100
M1- 95
FP1-92

Expected grades:
C3- 98 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . S1- 88
C4- 95 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . D1- 90
M2- 90 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . D2- 88
M3- 78 (i screwed up) . . . . FP3- 90
FP4 - 75 (also screwed up)

I can drop one module from my overall grade as there are 13, so that's FP4 gone.
My teacher told me they put your best two applied modules into the Core grade and everything else goes into Further, however I read somewhere that they arrange it so you get the best grades possible for both.

I'd like to believe the latter is right, meaning I get two A*s but I was just wondering if anyone else knows more about this? Am I right in thinking I've got two A*s in the bag considering M2 and D2 go well next week?
Original post by flymetothemoon-
I've definitely achieved these grades (percentages):
C1- 98
C2- 100
M1- 95
FP1-92

Expected grades:
C3- 98 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . S1- 88
C4- 95 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . D1- 90
M2- 90 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . D2- 88
M3- 78 (i screwed up) . . . . FP3- 90
FP4 - 75 (also screwed up)

I can drop one module from my overall grade as there are 13, so that's FP4 gone.
My teacher told me they put your best two applied modules into the Core grade and everything else goes into Further, however I read somewhere that they arrange it so you get the best grades possible for both.

I'd like to believe the latter is right, meaning I get two A*s but I was just wondering if anyone else knows more about this? Am I right in thinking I've got two A*s in the bag considering M2 and D2 go well next week?

Within the combination rules of the specification and providing your entries nave been cashed in correctly they will award the best possible grades. I don't see any allowable combination however that gives you 480 ums with 270 from 3 A2 units that produces an A* for FM.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gdunne42
Within the combination rules of the specification and providing your entries nave been cashed in correctly they will award the best possible grades. I don't see any allowable combination however that gives you 480 ums with 270 from 3 A2 units that produces an A* for FM.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh, I didn't know ums beween AS and A2 separately made a difference, thanks for clearing that up! As long as I get at least one A* I can go to my first choice so no worries.
If your either FP2, FP4, M3 orD2 can stray up to 90% while maintaining the 90% in M2 and
FP3, you could get an A*. Not with those quoted grades, though
Original post by flymetothemoon-
Ahh, I didn't know ums beween AS and A2 separately made a difference, thanks for clearing that up! As long as I get at least one A* I can go to my first choice so no worries.

2 more ums from d2 or m2 would do it.
That could be just 1 mark

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gdunne42
2 more ums from d2 would do it.
That could be just 1 mark

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then I guess it's revise-frenzy until Wednesday. :eek: Goodbye cruel world!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending