The Student Room Group

Single all my life ???

Im 21 and Ive finished uni throughout my time at school was the only time I actually was going to go out with a girl but it didnt work out, it was at school in sixth form where that was my first sort of dating experience.

At college I still spoke to girls but didnt really find anyone I 'clicked' with. Then I went to uni and nearly every girl there I spoke to had a boyfriend or just wasnt my type but I made some good friends with the girls. I have become really confident thats what all my friends say. I can talk to the prettiest girl there and not really have a problem with it.

Im just thinking if I was to go out with a girl and told her at 21 years of age I have not been out or kissed a girl, will this look bad ? I mean some girls are like wtf, sometimes i'll just say yeah ive been out with the girl so its doesnt look embarassing.

I have had girls crushing on me and one asked me out but I wasnt interested, and I thought whats the point in me going out with a girl if im not interested in her. Itll waste both of our time.

But girls if a guy told you he's never been out with a girl what would you think of him.
Reply 1
It is fine. If a girl doesn't like you because of that.. Not worth your time. :no: you'll find the right person soon who will love you for who you are and it'll be amazing. :yep:
Reply 2
Original post by 8472
It is fine. If a girl doesn't like you because of that.. Not worth your time. :no: you'll find the right person soon who will love you for who you are and it'll be amazing. :yep:

But would it look bad ? I suppose a girl should just like/love you for you and the past shouldnt matter.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I suppose a girl should just like/love you for you and the past shouldnt matter.

Exactly that :h:
Reply 4
But would it look bad ? I suppose a girl should just like/love you for you and the past shouldnt matter.

I'm the same. I've done nothing. When any of these happen for me it'll be a first. But you know what, there is someone out there who will be like you or may be experienced. They will want you to have the best experience first time. Think about it this way- you can learn about each other from the ground up and in time know each other perfectly so will be better off compared to thise who just jump in because they have experienced it before.

And yes, you for who you are. :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by 8472
I'm the same. I've done nothing. When any of these happen for me it'll be a first. But you know what, there is someone out there who will be like you or may be experienced. They will want you to have the best experience first time. Think about it this way- you can learn about each other from the ground up and in time know each other perfectly so will be better off compared to thise who just jump in because they have experienced it before.

And yes, you for who you are. :h:

I just feel a bit bad, I mean never had a gf isnt it embarrassing ? I suppose its not that bad were still young. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Neuth
Exactly that :h:

If a guy came up to you and he said he had been single all his life. What would you think ? Would you be like wth he's never been out with a girl isnt it embarrassing ?
Reply 7
I just feel a bit bad, I mean never had a gf isnt it embarrassing ? I suppose its not that bad were still young. :smile:

It is only an issue if you make one. :yep: accept it for what it is and be happy with who you are. 1 for a life time is better than 20 broken hearts. We are young and we are golden. Much bigger issues for us to worry about. :hugs:
Reply 8
If a guy came up to you and he said he had been single all his life. What would you think ? Would you be like wth he's never been out with a girl isnt it embarrassing ?

Not at all. I'd be completely and utterly fine with it. Makes first times more special and there are less expectations.
Anyone who says otherwise is just... well...

You've just got to take it slow, right @8472? :redface:
Reply 9
Original post by Neuth
Not at all. I'd be completely and utterly fine with it. Makes first times more special and there are less expectations.

Cool yeah I suppose it is fine, shouldnt be a problem at all :smile:.

What does 'right @8472? :redface:' mean ?
Reply 10
Original post by Neuth

:yep:
All a beautiful learning process. Talking, discussing and asking questions helps a lot.
Reply 11
Cool yeah I suppose it is fine, shouldnt be a problem at all :smile:.

What does 'right @8472? :redface:' mean ?

I was just getting Nathan to confirm my POV, so I tagged him :yep:
Reply 12
It certainly wouldn't bother me that you've never dated anyone, especially as it's nothing to be ashamed of! I'm 20 and I haven't ever dated anyone either, actually :h:
Any girl worth your time shouldn't care I'm 23 & haven't dated or done anything like that myself. You're not exactly old either, you shouldn't feel like you have to lie. Just be yourself & the right person will hopefully come into your life & appreciate you for who you are! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending