Want more information about this university?
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi
I came to visit on an Open Day last year but I have had to repeat a year due to 'failing' my AS year, getting EEUU.
I was wondering if Bangor is any more strict grade-wise on students who have had to re-do year 12. I did change my subjects (apart from Psychology but different exam board).
I also have another question. I am worried that my subjects will be seen as 'weak'. I wish to study Psychology with Criminology & Criminal Justice. My current AS Levels are:
Film Studies (Predicted A)
Psychology (Predicted B)
Sociology (Predicted B)

Also, would this joint honours course have BPS accreditation? I've tried to find this info on the website but can't seem to find it

All that said, I will definitely be applying to Bangor in October, I loved the area and the course seems great!

Thanks for your help! x
EloiseStar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by emiloujess)
Hi
I came to visit on an Open Day last year but I have had to repeat a year due to 'failing' my AS year, getting EEUU.
I was wondering if Bangor is any more strict grade-wise on students who have had to re-do year 12. I did change my subjects (apart from Psychology but different exam board).
I also have another question. I am worried that my subjects will be seen as 'weak'. I wish to study Psychology with Criminology & Criminal Justice. My current AS Levels are:
Film Studies (Predicted A)
Psychology (Predicted B)
Sociology (Predicted B)

Also, would this joint honours course have BPS accreditation? I've tried to find this info on the website but can't seem to find it

All that said, I will definitely be applying to Bangor in October, I loved the area and the course seems great!

Thanks for your help! x
Hello. I can't find that course existing on their website, however there IS 'AND' (psychology and criminology and criminal justice), which is different. There's 50:50 psych/crim. This course is not accredited and it says so online:

"These degree schemes, including Joint Honours, will not qualify you for the Graduate Basis for Registration of the British Psychological Society." - http://www.bangor.ac.uk/psychology/u...duate-courses/

If you're certain there is a 'with' course, contact the psychology administrator directly.
emiloujess
Rep:
?
(Original post by EloiseStar)
Hello. I can't find that course existing on their website, however there IS 'AND' (psychology and criminology and criminal justice), which is different. There's 50:50 psych/crim. This course is not accredited and it says so online:

"These degree schemes, including Joint Honours, will not qualify you for the Graduate Basis for Registration of the British Psychological Society." - http://www.bangor.ac.uk/psychology/u...duate-courses/

If you're certain there is a 'with' course, contact the psychology administrator directly.
That's the one I meant. Looks like I'm going to have to take just psychology then thank you so much for your help!
EloiseStar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That's the one I meant. Looks like I'm going to have to take just psychology then thank you so much for your help!
You're welcome. I'm sure there's probably some forensic psychology modules in there somewhere.

http://www.bangor.ac.uk/psychology/u...800-Psychology here's a list of all the psychology modules available.
Welsh Locs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Psychology is the most popular subject here. So I imagine it would also draw the most applicants, but I've noticed Bangor the past year has let in students who didn't make the required points and still got let in through clearing. So Bangor isn't exactly the most strict for selection if that's the case.

If you get fair grades in those subjects then you should easily get in I'd think.
emiloujess
Rep:
?
(Original post by Welsh Locs)
Psychology is the most popular subject here. So I imagine it would also draw the most applicants, but I've noticed Bangor the past year has let in students who didn't make the required points and still got let in through clearing. So Bangor isn't exactly the most strict for selection if that's the case.

If you get fair grades in those subjects then you should easily get in I'd think.
I hope so Bangor is my dream uni and I think it would break my heart if I didn't get in.
Bangor Uni
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I hope so Bangor is my dream uni and I think it would break my heart if I didn't get in.
Hi Emiloujess,

If you would like to discuss entry requirements and your qualifications then the best people to speak to would be the admissions team in the departments.

The e-mail address for Psychology is:
[email protected]

And the e-mail address for Criminology and Criminal Justice is:
[email protected]

Do get in touch - we would much rather you have a chat with the right people before you apply than have you fretting over not being able to study the course you want.

Good Luck

Ffion (Official Bangor University TSR Rep)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (505)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (622)
41.41%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (306)
20.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.59%

Watched Threads