The Student Room Group

Really dont know what to go on and study?

Im interested in the sciences and mathematics. At A level i will be taking physics, maths and biology. My targets at the moment are A's in these subjects. I still dont really know what course to go for. I have an interest in all of these but i want to do a degree which will actually help me a lot in the long term and get me a high paid job. Has anyone got any examples of courses which will give me a lot of options for jobs once ive finished university and jobs where this degree is in demand?

Thanks
All of them get you a decent salary.
Physics you can study astrophysics at University, NASA pay big bucks...
Maths - banking is always huge
Original post by liverpool2044
Im interested in the sciences and mathematics. At A level i will be taking physics, maths and biology. My targets at the moment are A's in these subjects. I still dont really know what course to go for. I have an interest in all of these but i want to do a degree which will actually help me a lot in the long term and get me a high paid job. Has anyone got any examples of courses which will give me a lot of options for jobs once ive finished university and jobs where this degree is in demand?

Thanks

I had the exact same problem as you a few years back. I studied those three A-Levels plus chemistry. Didn't drop one from AS because I couldn't really decide. Ended up getting a high grade in all of them which really didn't help me identify my strengths.

In the end I went to study Physics at degree level. Such a degree is very broad and allows many high-paid career paths and does not tie you down too much to one thing. Physics is always in high demand too.

Some common career fields you can go into from a physics degree (based on my experience):
Research
Engineering
Computer Science
Robotics
Mathematics
Finance
Teaching (physics teachers get extra pay due to a shortage of them)

But you could honestly go into pretty much anything. Physics is a really tough degree and very well respected. People understand the skills it offers and how these skills can benefit their company.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending