The Student Room Group

GCSEs in sixth form

I missed out on a lot of school in year 11 so i only did maths and art GCSE, can I do science sociology English in sixth form then do a levels the following year and would universities mind this?
Pls help :frown: cx
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by Lauren568
I missed out on a lot of school in year 11 so i only did maths and art GCSE, can I do science sociology English in sixth form then do a levels the following year and would universities mind this?

You should certainly be able to find somewhere to extend your GCSE level study though not all colleges will be able to do this so you should be looking around for sixth forms that offer a GCSE or BTEC LEVEL 2 programme. Your current school should be helping you do this and to sort out your available options. If there are good explainable reasons for your studies being a year behind your age group the vast majority of universities would be fine with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Lauren568

Check with you coll which gcse courses they run. You might be able to sit and pay exam fees as an external canditate or it might be worth you enrolling on a yr course for a level2 subject. That way your resits would be free, you would get 2 hrs lesson per resit each week and the level 2 course is worth 4 gcses. As for unis they only worry about A level grades and personal statements. My brothe is 14 and just sat some gcses. He should have got 10 A* but nope he is being an hormonal tw*t atmo and has dropped out of school to do level 1 art and next yr with gcses taken this yr he will do level 2 ict and then do A levels at 16. He hates school. If all else fails he will do an access course at 18 and go straight to uni that way. You should be fine.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest