The Student Room Group

Business Studies Coursework

Hi, I'm doing practise GCSE AQA business studies coursework. My given scenario is:
You are a consultant working for a marketing company. You have been asked to assess the effectiveness of the current promotional methods used by a small local business. You are required to investigate an existing small local business and to prepare a report which looks at the business's current promotional methods in order to assess the most effective method that the business could use.
Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I can include in a questionnaire for employees of the business?
Thanks.
Make or get a few promotional pictures of the business, and ask the people which one is better, you can then analysis why they chose the modal chosen one. Make a scale form 1-10 on effectiveness ?
I agree with the person above you could prepare two different advertisements and ask questions about which is more appealing- its more creative than a generic questionnaire. Make sure you include quantitative and qualitative question then you can talk about how you can utilise the advantages of both. Include the advantages and disadvantages for lots of promotional methods- you could make tables to plan this- and reach a judgement about whether its suitable or not- talk about what market segments e.g. age groups, socio-economic groups different methods would appeal to. e.g. advertising a new video game in a magazine like Playstation magazine is more expensive but it is more likely to be seen by people who are willing to buy it because they will obviously be interested in video games and they are likely to be richer than the average person since ps magazine is expensive.

Quick Reply

Latest