(Original post by Bill_Gates)
I regret voting conservative - I have made a big mistake

- I hate the new policies being introduced
- I hate how the average person is being made to repay the bankers mistakes
- I hate the hatred towards minorities/disabled/single mums/the poor
- I hate the way society is going.

I am sorry for voting conservative!
They are a disgrace.
I was starting to like you after reading a few of your posts...

This has honestly broken my heart. It's ok, people make mistakes. But I will come after you if this gov ****s us over even more :dumbells:
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Several of these are pre-election.

What drew you to the Tories pre-election.
vote on the EU but he's come up some idiotic policies towards hard working non EU migrants
his intentions are clearly to destroy the NHS
i genuinely thought he wanted to help struggling working people - clearly they don't
he won't do anything to regulate banks, if anything he's encouraging more debt which will lead to disaster in years to come.
etc etc
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
(Original post by Novascope)
I was starting to like you after reading a few of your posts...

This has honestly broken my heart. It's ok, people make mistakes. But I will come after you if this gov ****s us over even more :dumbells:
sorry i still like you
Novascope
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
sorry i still like you
Good. You better not make this mistake next time :fatcontroller:
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
(Original post by Novascope)
Good. You better not make this mistake next time :fatcontroller:
i won't
AverageExcellence
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
don't need facts and figures when it's just wrong!
'dismantling NHS' lol, considering labour outsourced more of the NHS than the tories did in their time and despite consistent guarantees by the conservative you'd have to be pig ignorant to play that old chestnut again and again, no wonder people don't vote for labour because they think they're right and morally superior even when proved completely wrong.
scrotgrot
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AverageExcellence)
The tories are implementing policies they said if they won elections, how can you now regret voting for them based on them implementing changes they said they would if they were elected? that makes no sense
Firstly it's a bit of a stretch to ask Tory voters to actually look at policies. But even then they were hardly credible, virtue signalling at best: most of the stuff like money for NHS and 12bn benefit cuts were just stuff they made up on the hoof as they were ****ting themselves that Labour were winning. These "policies" sprang from the same esteemed intellectual tradition that brought us the "ooga booga booga big scary Scotchman Alex Salmond is coming to steal our money" posters. The funny/awful thing is now they actually have to implement them and they know as well as anyone else how unworkable they are.

I have no idea if Mr "Silicon Valley is the future" Gates here has really had a change of heart or is just trolling, but it's interesting to see exactly what attitude TSR Tories take towards apostates.
Olie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
vote on the EU but he's come up some idiotic policies towards hard working non EU migrants
i genuinely thought he wanted to help struggling working people - clearly they don't
he won't do anything to regulate banks, if anything he's encouraging more debt which will lead to disaster in years to come.
etc etc
But again, these are hardly surprises, what did you think the Tories were when you voted, he wanted to destroy the NHS prior to the election and he certainly didn't show very much evidence of helping working people in his previous term, the Tories are well known for not giving 2 ****s about the average person, working or otherwise.
AverageExcellence
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by scrotgrot)
Firstly it's a bit of a stretch to ask Tory voters to actually look at policies. But even then they were hardly credible, virtue signalling at best: most of the stuff like money for NHS and 12bn benefit cuts were just stuff they made up on the hoof as they were ****ting themselves that Labour were winning. These "policies" sprang from the same esteemed intellectual tradition that brought us the "ooga booga booga big scary Scotchman Alex Salmond is coming to steal our money" posters. The funny/awful thing is now they actually have to implement them and they know as well as anyone else how unworkable they are.
Lol if you want to view the world through a 5 year old's eyes, the tory's policies were pretty consistent years onwards, everybody knew they'd be making more cuts to address the budget deficit and they had said from day one that the NHS security was guaranteed.

It was labour jumping around pulling completely self defeating policies out the bags like 'zero hour contracts' and 'abolish non dom status' that were utterly useful from an ideological and practical standpoint.

'****ting themselves that Labour were winning' - lololol thats a howler, Labour were never 'winning', and given the result they were never in the running since they got smashed by the same scottish nationalists that they were supposed to ally with.

Labour used to always scoff that there were more pandas in scotland than there were conservative seats... well now its the same for them trololol.
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
(Original post by Olie)
But again, these are hardly surprises, what did you think the Tories were when you voted, he wanted to destroy the NHS prior to the election and he certainly didn't show very much evidence of helping working people in his previous term, the Tories are well known for not giving 2 ****s about the average person, working or otherwise.
i was too naive. Thought increasing the tax threshold was a genuine attempt to help the working classes.
scrotgrot
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AverageExcellence)
Lol if you want to view the world through a 5 year old's eyes, the tories policies were pretty consistent years onwards, everybody knew they'd be making more cuts to address the budget deficit and they had said from day one that the NHS security was guaranteed
No not really as when Osborne was forced to abandon full bore austerity in 2012-13, followed the Labour plan and started trumpeting on about growth people thought oh that's the cuts over then.

It was labour jumping around pulling completely self defeating policies out the bags like 'zero hour contracts' and 'abolish non dom status' policies out the bag that were utterly useful from an ideological and practical standpoint
You mean all those types of policies that have broad support in the English electorate but as soon as they're associated with the Labour brand they are not trusted? Even under the Labour brand people loved things like reversing train privatisation and energy price freezes which are part of the daily annoyances of the middle class.

Non-doms particularly was one of Labour's more successful "politics of envy" policies in the campaign after the thick as **** Tories decided to throw a massive ball for all their best tax avoiding friends and announced as the HSBC scandal broke.

You can tell the Tories were rattled by the non-doms because Michael Fallon the next day used the dead cat strategy by going on an incoherent rant about backstabber Ed Miliband stabbing the country in the back with the SNP. Even the Spectator thought so. Ooga booga baby!

'****ting themselves that Labour were winning' - lololol thats a howler, Labour were never 'winning', and given the result they were never in the running since they got smashed by the same scottish nationalists that they were supposed to ally with.

Labour used to always scoff that there were more pandas in scotland than there were conservative seats... well now its the same for them trololol.
All the polls showed Labour marginally ahead and that they had the momentum, and particularly that there was no way the Tories could get the numbers to form a government. So of course everyone was ****ting themselves.

Labour were not left enough for Scotland of course. I support the SNP in a vanguard party sense, particularly as long as the gradualists who don't really want independence are in control, and would like to see them stand in the north of England.
Sarahs.cheddars
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was stunned that anybody voted conservatives..... Do people never learn?!

Apology accepted though.
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sarahs.cheddars)
I was stunned that anybody voted conservatives..... Do people never learn?!

Apology accepted though.
thank you

shall do some charity work soon, to make up for my foolish mistake.
Twinpeaks
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SotonianOne)
- I hate the new policies being introduced

Despite the fact that all the policies until now were very explicitly announced before the election - in the campaign?

Hating the Conservatives because Brown gave 210 billion away to banks .... k.

Yeah .. no.

emigrate

apology not accepted

the least disgraceful party is still the least disgraceful party.
Strong reply.... So full of content!

You said 'yeah... no' to Bills statement of 'I hate the hatred towards minorities/disabled/single mums/the poor'. What did you mean exactly by 'yeah no?'
MatureStudent36
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Twinpeaks)
Strong reply.... So full of content!

You said 'yeah... no' to Bills statement of 'I hate the hatred towards minorities/disabled/single mums/the poor'. What did you mean exactly by 'yeah no?'
I haven't seen any hatred. I've seen proffesional scrounges use fear tactics about these vulnerable people in order to defend their own benefits claims.
scrotgrot
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MatureStudent36)
I haven't seen any hatred. I've seen proffesional scrounges use fear tactics about these vulnerable people in order to defend their own benefits claims.
I don't know how anyone can be quite this detached from reality...
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
etc etc
Fair enough.

I did waiver myself from early 2013 to conference last year (immigration, welfare and the reshuffle) however as the election came to the fore I became increasingly sure that they are still the best we have. I'm still sure of this.

Have faith good people.
Dinaa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Done and over now.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i was appalled by the Tory proposals on immigration and welfare. so i voted UKIP.
Duskstar
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah you ****ed up big time. If you hadn't voted for them they probably wouldn't be in power anyway.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (139)
22.94%
The paper was reasonable (264)
43.56%
Not feeling great about that exam... (111)
18.32%
It was TERRIBLE (92)
15.18%

Watched Threads