The Student Room Group

Advice choosing a uni course & Art Foundations

hii,

I'm currently at the end of year 12, just finished my AS levels. I'm deciding what courses i want to study next year, i'm currently taking PSYCHOLOGY, BIOLOGY, ENGLISH LIT and ART. I'm really stuck between taking psychology and human biology at Uni, i also considered doing a joint course of these two but no Russell Group unis offer this. I also would like to stay in or as close to London as possible. Does anyone have any advice for choosing between the courses? Or for any good uni's offering these subjects (or related) :smile:.

Also, i have a passion for Product Design and would potentially like to go into a related career. However, i want to drop ART next year and continue English instead. Does anyone know if this would impact my chances of getting into an ART FOUNDATION next year? Or, anything i could do to get onto the foundation without having to do art next year. :smile: Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by Hosannahlauren
hii,

I'm currently at the end of year 12, just finished my AS levels. I'm deciding what courses i want to study next year, i'm currently taking PSYCHOLOGY, BIOLOGY, ENGLISH LIT and ART. I'm really stuck between taking psychology and human biology at Uni, i also considered doing a joint course of these two but no Russell Group unis offer this. I also would like to stay in or as close to London as possible. Does anyone have any advice for choosing between the courses? Or for any good uni's offering these subjects (or related) :smile:.

Also, i have a passion for Product Design and would potentially like to go into a related career. However, i want to drop ART next year and continue English instead. Does anyone know if this would impact my chances of getting into an ART FOUNDATION next year? Or, anything i could do to get onto the foundation without having to do art next year. :smile: Thank you!
Getting into an Art Foundation course without Art A level sounds like a big ask to me - you'd better check the uni websites for their requirements. Apart from anything else, you would need a portfolio, which must be difficult to do well if you are not taking a taught course.

As for choosing between psychology and human biology, a key question is whether you think you might want to practise as a clinical psychologist. If you do, your undergrad degree needs to be accredited by the BPS.

Quick Reply

Latest