How to get into medicine after healthcare science? Watch

Jasminempearce
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys

So I know this has been posted a few times but I never really found the answer I was looking for

I'm currently doing healthcare science life science Bsc (biomedical science with integrated placement) at the end of it I'll be a band 5 biomedical scientist, I'm interested in microbiology and cellular pathlogy, but only medical doctors/clinicians actually so the reviewing of samples etc which is what I want to do.

I know you can get onto graduate entry medicine and go from there, but what sort of grades will you need and what unis do it? I'm currently at UWE in Bristol and I looked at Bristol uni but theirs is another 4 years?! Is that right? As I thought I saw someone else say there's ones that are 2 years.

Thanks in advance
hellodave5
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jasminempearce)
Hi guys

So I know this has been posted a few times but I never really found the answer I was looking for

I'm currently doing healthcare science life science Bsc (biomedical science with integrated placement) at the end of it I'll be a band 5 biomedical scientist, I'm interested in microbiology and cellular pathlogy, but only medical doctors/clinicians actually so the reviewing of samples etc which is what I want to do.

I know you can get onto graduate entry medicine and go from there, but what sort of grades will you need and what unis do it? I'm currently at UWE in Bristol and I looked at Bristol uni but theirs is another 4 years?! Is that right? As I thought I saw someone else say there's ones that are 2 years.

Thanks in advance
They all 4 years long. Normally this would be 5, or 6 with an an intercalc BSc.
Will need a first or 2.1, or a 2.2 for Nottingham. Lots of work experience... and to pass any psychometric tests they use.
Going_To_California
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jasminempearce)
Hi guys

Thanks in advance
I got into GEM with biomedical science, so your degree is fine. GEM courses are all 4 years, and quite a lot of unis do it. You'd need a 2:1 or above, though. A 2:2 would limit you greatly.
The wiki page has some good info. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...dicine-a-guide
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It took me literally 4 seconds to type 'graduate entry medicine' in to google and click on the first link...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (117)
59.09%
Yes- I don't like it (10)
5.05%
No- I want it (56)
28.28%
No- I don't want it (15)