goldenusername
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
My English mock exam is this week, they might pick out a question from Romeo and Juliet. Does anyone know or have any ideas what kind of questions i should be looking at in romeo and juliet? And how can they be answered?
Many thanks.
Bethius
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well I haven't studied Romeo and Juliet, but I would suggest they'd probably ask a question about a key theme in the play, or at least one in which you could write about key themes of the play. I guess love would be a key theme, obviously, also maybe something like rivalry, violence, death, etc. There's probably a lot to say about individual passions versus the expectations of society, no matter what the question is I bet you could get that in and still answer the question. You might want to revise stuff about Mercutio as well, as he has a very interesting and unique point of view throughout the play, he's very critical.
I would say it's probably very important to revise characters other than Romeo and Juliet themselves, as they all work as dramatic devices, which you could probably talk about regardless of the question. Even if you get a question explicitly about, for example, Romeo and Juliet's feelings, you could also talk about how other characters react to or view their feelings without straying from the question.
You could talk about destiny and inevitability as well, if the question allows.
I'm sorry I can't help you too much about the question that could come up as I haven't studied the play, but I think some of the points I've raised could be applied to a variety of questions, and I am quite familiar with the play so I hope something I said will help you
goldenusername
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Bethius)
Well I haven't studied Romeo and Juliet, but I would suggest they'd probably ask a question about a key theme in the play, or at least one in which you could write about key themes of the play. I guess love would be a key theme, obviously, also maybe something like rivalry, violence, death, etc. There's probably a lot to say about individual passions versus the expectations of society, no matter what the question is I bet you could get that in and still answer the question. You might want to revise stuff about Mercutio as well, as he has a very interesting and unique point of view throughout the play, he's very critical.
I would say it's probably very important to revise characters other than Romeo and Juliet themselves, as they all work as dramatic devices, which you could probably talk about regardless of the question. Even if you get a question explicitly about, for example, Romeo and Juliet's feelings, you could also talk about how other characters react to or view their feelings without straying from the question.
You could talk about destiny and inevitability as well, if the question allows.
I'm sorry I can't help you too much about the question that could come up as I haven't studied the play, but I think some of the points I've raised could be applied to a variety of questions, and I am quite familiar with the play so I hope something I said will help you
Thanks ,this was really helpful, and the question for my controlled assessment was based on Mercutio's character so you was right!
Bethius
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by munnaa)
Thanks ,this was really helpful, and the question for my controlled assessment was based on Mercutio's character so you was right!
No problem, glad I could help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (57)
4.63%
Uncertainty around my education (189)
15.35%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (136)
11.05%
Lack of purpose or motivation (176)
14.3%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (54)
4.39%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (69)
5.61%
Loneliness (107)
8.69%
Financial worries (42)
3.41%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (57)
4.63%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
4.55%
Lack of real life entertainment (66)
5.36%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (109)
8.85%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (113)
9.18%

Watched Threads