The Student Room Group

Personal statement help

Hi.
I'm starting to write my personal statement today, and I was wanting some advice. The subject I'm looking to apply for it business management and marketing, but I'm also considering applying for some courses in management and leisure, management and events management or just management.
How would i tailor my statement to suit these?
I would write two personal statements. One for the jobs you want to apply for and one for the course you want to apply for. However, slightly better than a personal statement IMO is a good covering letter as this can be tailored specifically to the thing you are applying for whilst leaving your CV more or less unchanged.

A good covering letter / personal statement should be grammatically correct with no spelling errors (you would be amazed!) and should draw attention to specific things in your CV or about your personality / experience that make you suitable for the role / course.Think of it as a sales pitch where you are the thing being sold and your CV is the brochure that the prospective buyer will look at in their own time later. Be upbeat, positive and enthusiastic in your writing and don't use 10 words when 2 will do.

The very best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending