Is this Bipolar disorder?

Watch
EPluribus Unum
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have a boss at work who is generally happy and 99% happy with the work I do. One little mistake and she just flips and starts talking about disciplinary meetings? Is this bipolar?

She does this to other staff as well. Like there is no gradual scale of problem severeness escalation. You think you are going to be sacked over a little issue, which she 99% of the time created.
Potally_Tissed
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Sounds more like she's just bit of a *****.
Man.bear.pig
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by EPluribus Unum)
I have a boss at work who is generally happy and 99% happy with the work I do. One little mistake and she just flips and starts talking about disciplinary meetings? Is this bipolar?

She does this to other staff as well. Like there is no gradual scale of problem severeness escalation. You think you are going to be sacked over a little issue, which she 99% of the time created.
As someone who studies psychology for my criminology aspirations, bipolar disorder is far more complex than "happy, then sad, then happy, then mad." lol
What it is, is a chemical imbalance in the brain that delays or enhances emotional response; it can even interfere with having orgasms. There is one case where a woman had an orgasm for hours and was rushed to the hospital because for one it wouldn't stop and secondly it became painful. It was discovered that she was bipolar; neurobiologically, she had no control over this. That is bipolar disorder. So it can give off the impression that someone has intense "mood swings." But that's simply not the case, so I don't think the woman is bipolar. Bipolar is...a lot to witness, to say the least.

(Original post by Potally_Tissed)
lol
EPluribus Unum
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Potally_Tissed)
What's worse is that you bombarded with your errors over text. The main issue that we are severely understaffed and the staff we do have are extremely slow and incompetent.
bookster
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 years ago

No I think she just gets easily irritated. Some people are perfectionists.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 6 years ago

definitely not. Just sounds easily stressed and might have anger issues.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (65)
22.65%
Note taking apps (6)
2.09%
Flashcards (55)
19.16%
Revision guides (16)
5.57%
Past papers (133)
46.34%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (12)
4.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise