The Student Room Group

how do you know when you're ready for sex?

so i wanna have sex because atm im a virgin and i thought i was ready but the thought of being intimate with someone is so alien to me because im so unexperienced. i dont have a boyfriend and im unlikely to get one in the near future so i dont mind doing it with a randomer no strings attached. ive kissed guys in clubs and i seem to get a fair bit of attention (in the least arrogant way possible lol) but i always freak out at the thought of more than that, even though i do want to

does everyone feel like this at some point? or does it mean im not really ready yet?
id recommend not doing it with some randomer no strings attached. if you're a girl you'll get plenty of opportunity lol. just gotta chose the right guy. its probably different for guys where their self esteem is tied into their knowledge that they can get laid or w/e. id think youd regret it if you rushed in.
You're possibly a bit nervous about the idea, kind of like me due to the inexperience. You have to start sometime I guess although I think it's better not doing it with a randomer as it's likely to be much more special that way. Just my opinion :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by unreconciled
id recommend not doing it with some randomer no strings attached. if you're a girl you'll get plenty of opportunity lol. just gotta chose the right guy. its probably different for guys where their self esteem is tied into their knowledge that they can get laid or w/e. id think youd regret it if you rushed in.

i know i shouldn't do it with a randomer but i really can't see myself being in a relationship anytime soon and im not one of those girls thats very emotional and obsessive so i dont think theres any harm being done. thanks for your response though, ill think about it
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
so i wanna have sex because atm im a virgin and i thought i was ready but the thought of being intimate with someone is so alien to me because im so unexperienced. i dont have a boyfriend and im unlikely to get one in the near future so i dont mind doing it with a randomer no strings attached. ive kissed guys in clubs and i seem to get a fair bit of attention (in the least arrogant way possible lol) but i always freak out at the thought of more than that, even though i do want to

does everyone feel like this at some point? or does it mean im not really ready yet?

You will regret it if you do it with stranger. You have not done it yet so you don't know how it really looks. And actually your first time can determine how you perceive sex later on. I would recommend waiting for the right tim4. If you have doubts, don't do it.
i know i shouldn't do it with a randomer but i really can't see myself being in a relationship anytime soon and im not one of those girls thats very emotional and obsessive so i dont think theres any harm being done. thanks for your response though, ill think about it

again, as a girl, there is absolutely no reason for you to rush to do it. i dont know how girl-girl social circles work, but i imagine they dont make fun of you for being a virgin, like they might do in 20+ year old male circles.
Reply 7
Original post by unreconciled
again, as a girl, there is absolutely no reason for you to rush to do it. i dont know how girl-girl social circles work, but i imagine they dont make fun of you for being a virgin, like they might do in 20+ year old male circles.

no my friends don't make fun of me, even if they did that wouldn't determine my actions and its not the "virgin" label that influences me either
Reply 8

Literally nobody here can give you the definitive answer you're hoping for. It's you who has to deal with the emotional consequences of whatever you decide to do.

For me, personally, I'd been with a girl for a few weeks and when we had sex it felt like something I'd done a million times, it wasn't awkward, at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending