The Student Room Group

Apple Store Jobs

Hi,

So, I've just finished my GCSEs and I'm broke, as always. My mum is getting my driving lessons booked for my 17th birthday in September, and my dad said he'd help me buy a car but I need to start earning some money. He's said that I can get a Ford Mustang so I'm very excited, and I really need to start earning :smile:

Anyway, I was thinking about a job at the Apple store. I think it's a good idea. I've been programming since I was about 10, and I can code in several languages. I've done backend server work, and I've built many computers from scratch. I think it would be a perfect job for me. I also have quite good people skills, and I am good at overselling products, so I think the retail side would also be good for me. Anyone know anything about getting a job there?

If not, are there any good jobs that a 16-year-old can get? I really need to earn as much money as possible. I have several stock market accounts, etc. but they're just not cutting it right now because they're long-term investments. I need to earn money by the end of the Summer. I'm not expecting enormous salaries or anything, just something that will let me save up by the end of the holidays.
Bump
I know for sure you won't be able to work in an Apple Store at the age of 16.. You have to be 18+ to work in any companies like that because they are commission jobs so you earn more for how many sales you make..

I'd look into getting a job in a shop/supermarket and getting work experience on the side in your chosen ambition area

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LaurenJade97
I know for sure you won't be able to work in an Apple Store at the age of 16.. You have to be 18+ to work in any companies like that because they are commission jobs so you earn more for how many sales you make..

I'd look into getting a job in a shop/supermarket and getting work experience on the side in your chosen ambition area

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a shame, I have my A+ qualification, I did it online last year so I could probably get away with working in a local PC shop. I guess you're right though.

I think I will most likely end up working in a supermarket or something over the summer. It's usually quite good pay as well, from what I hear.

Unfortunately I can't get any work experience in my ambition area though, as I'm leaving for Oxford in two years to become an airline pilot. But the short-term money will be really useful for me for now.
You can definitely apply to work in a PC or electronics store that would be good experience.. Try PC world or something :smile:
Bump
Reply 6
Original post by Joseph Stalin
Hi,

So, I've just finished my GCSEs and I'm broke, as always. My mum is getting my driving lessons booked for my 17th birthday in September, and my dad said he'd help me buy a car but I need to start earning some money. He's said that I can get a Ford Mustang so I'm very excited, and I really need to start earning :smile:

Anyway, I was thinking about a job at the Apple store. I think it's a good idea. I've been programming since I was about 10, and I can code in several languages. I've done backend server work, and I've built many computers from scratch. I think it would be a perfect job for me. I also have quite good people skills, and I am good at overselling products, so I think the retail side would also be good for me. Anyone know anything about getting a job there?

If not, are there any good jobs that a 16-year-old can get? I really need to earn as much money as possible. I have several stock market accounts, etc. but they're just not cutting it right now because they're long-term investments. I need to earn money by the end of the Summer. I'm not expecting enormous salaries or anything, just something that will let me save up by the end of the holidays.

ford mustang at 17 years old in the UK? insurance on that is as realistic as me becoming king of england
Original post by Mahel
ford mustang at 17 years old in the UK? insurance on that is as realistic as me becoming king of england

lol i believe this is the stage where kids imagination levels are highest.

start doing some research into most suitable for 16-17 year old's. beggars cant be choosers.
OP Smells of fresh trolling. 0/10 Must try harder.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending