The Student Room Group

Asking a girl out the summer before uni

Just finished A levels and the night after I was hanging out with this girl from school. I have always thought she was cute but never really pursued her. We had a great time hanging out with a couple friends, then we went off alone just us two at another pub. Might have been because she was a bit drunk but it seemed like she was into me. I've been thinking about her loads over the last couple of days. We're both going to uni in like 2 and a bit months so I'm wondering if there's any point asking her out.
Not if you're not going to the same uni as her. Everyone on this site is saying that Long Distance never works
Long distance can work. My circumstances are a little different to yours (us not being school leavers), but I met my OH the summer before uni and on Sunday, we will be celebrating our 2 year anniversary.
I say go for it. By September you'll know if you want to carry on long distance, or just call it off and have the memories of an awesome summer romance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=Anonymous;57289189]Just finished A levels and the night after I was hanging out with this girl from school. I have always thought she was cute but never really pursued her. We had a great time hanging out with a couple friends, then we went off alone just us two at another pub. Might have been because she was a bit drunk but it seemed like she was into me. I've been thinking about her loads over the last couple of days. We're both going to uni in like 2 and a bit months so I'm wondering if there's any point asking her out.

Just be her friend, with a capital F
Original post by Anonymous
Just finished A levels and the night after I was hanging out with this girl from school. I have always thought she was cute but never really pursued her. We had a great time hanging out with a couple friends, then we went off alone just us two at another pub. Might have been because she was a bit drunk but it seemed like she was into me. I've been thinking about her loads over the last couple of days. We're both going to uni in like 2 and a bit months so I'm wondering if there's any point asking her out.

go for it. unless she's a vampire why not?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

If you want something long term then don't bother. Nearly all the people I know that were in short term relationships before uni ended up breaking up within months of starting.
Not saying that will definitely happen to you, but it does tend to with most people.
Reply 6
**** it, I'm going for it. She might say no, it might go nowhere in 3 months time and I can always end it then that's a pretty long time.
pump and dump my friend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending