Looking for a new house mate to take over a room in tenancy

Watch
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, basically we have had to remove a housemate from our tenancy agreement because they royally ****ed up money wise and couldn't pay a dime.

We're looking for someone to replace him in our house. We're a group of 7 students at LJMU (you'll be the 8th). 4 engineering 3rd year students, a 3rd year music production student, a 3rd year accounts and finance student and me, a 2nd year biomedical science student. Two of the housemates are smokers, though there will no smoking within the house as the house has a small walled back garden. The available bedroom is a good sized double bedroom, with all necessary furnishings. 2 kitchens within the house, one upstairs and one downstairs.

The Tenancy agreement in from the 1st of August (though likely moving in mid-august to avoid bills when not using the place) to the 30th of June. With whole years rent costing £2722.99. Rent instalments as follows: August 1st £132.78, September 1st £1030.21, January 1st £780 and April 1st £780.

The rent doesn't include bills, as such we'll be using splitthebills.co.uk. It looks like that'll probably come up to about £50.44 a month coming up to just shy of £600 for the year. So total housing costs should work out at around £3322.99 for the year, but allow an extra £1-200 in case of any unexpected large bills or expenses in case of inaccurate estimates with split the bills.

The deposit is £150, though unsure as of yet if you will need to pay that. But be aware it's a possibility.

The house is in L15, it is a 10 minute walk from a 24 hours Asda and an Aldi, 2 minutes from a large tesco express and 2 minutes from the popular Brookhouse pub. The house is a short walk from major bus routes into town.
Please message here or PM me for any more details or if you are interested. We would ideally like to meet you first so we could get to know each other and decide if we are a good match. But if this isn't possible we understand.

Please don't show interest if you are in money trouble/cannot pay for things on time as that was the reason we had to get rid of the last housemate as it was putting all the stress and money pressures onto us. It is also important to us that whoever takes his room is a clean and hygienic person, we had problems with mice in our last house. As such we will not tolerate someone who is messy, leaves food out or doesn’t do their dishes, so if you are that person please just don’t apply.

Thank you.
SophieSmall
Rep:
?
Bump
SophieSmall
Rep:
?
Bump
SophieSmall
Rep:
?
Bump
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SophieSmall)
Bump
No one wants to live with you. Sheesh.

If I was at liverpool uni I would apply.^.^

Any physics jobs over your way? :beard:
SophieSmall
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
No one wants to live with you. Sheesh.

If I was at liverpool uni I would apply.^.^

So mean

We reallllly need the room filled, don't want to be forking out an extra £400+ each to cover the loss.
SophieSmall
Rep:
?
bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.38%
I don't have everything I need (139)
41.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed