The Student Room Group

Why do anti-racists ignore

With this recent shooting all the anti-racists are saying how White's are terrorising Black America.

But you ignore the statistics. Here is some homicide data from 2008.

racecrime.jpg

504 White's killed by Black people.
230 Black's killed by White people.

Remember African-American's only make up around 13% of the US population despite this they're killing just over twice as many Whites than White people kill Blacks.

Scroll to see replies

Wouldn't most people be classified as anti-racist?
Reply 2
Original post by tengentoppa
Wouldn't most people be classified as anti-racist?

People who call themselves anti-racists are only ever against racism by White people. White's according to them cannot be victims of racism they follow the doctrine of the evil White oppressors, everyone else is a victim.

Hate crimes are very biased despite the statistics I posted most hate crimes are against African-Americans...

When I White person kills someone of another race it seems instinctive to treat it as racially motivated.

I have heard of an old White man who got beaten up by Blacks and they said he was in the wrong neighbourhood. It wasn't reported as a hate crime.
Reply 3
Using this data, we can successfully conclude that white people killed 0.0006% of the black populace in 2008, whereas black people only killed 0.00025% of all white people. Therefore, we can definitely see a clear trend of white-on-black hate in the US (manipulating statistics to suit your agenda is fun, isn't it?)
Original post by Ism ideology
People who call themselves anti-racists are only ever against racism by White people. White's according to them cannot be victims of racism they follow the doctrine of the evil White oppressors, everyone else is a victim.

Hate crimes are very biased despite the statistics I posted most hate crimes are against African-Americans...

When I White person kills someone of another race it seems instinctive to treat it as racially motivated.

I have heard of an old White man who got beaten up by Blacks and they said he was in the wrong neighbourhood. It wasn't reported as a hate crime.

While I don't think that all white people are oppressors, this 'doctrine' exists for a reason. Pre-Civil Rights movement and pre-abolishment of slavery, these figures would be astronomically higher on the "whites killed by blacks" side - hence the focus of white on black killing.

Also, considering blacks are minority and whites are majority, it does make proportional sense that more whites are killed by blacks than vice versa.
[QUOTE=Ism ideology;57289615]With this recent shooting all the anti-racists are saying how White's are terrorising Black America.

racecrime.jpg

Remember African-American's only make up around 13% of the US population despite this they're killing just over twice as many Whites than White people kill Blacks.

That table does not say: "the number of white people killed in a racially motivated attack"

It could be purely coincidental that the victim is white or black
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by localblackguy

Also, considering blacks are minority and whites are majority, it does make proportional sense that more whites are killed by blacks than vice versa.

Well no, that isn't true at all. Think through the statistics properly.

Out of 3643 dead white people, 504 were killed by blacks, which is 13.8%

Out of 3024 dead black people, 230 were killed by whites, which is 7.6%
Original post by poohat
Well no, that isn't true at all. Think through the statistics properly.

Out of 3643 dead white people, 504 were killed by blacks, which is 13.8%

Out of 3024 dead black people, 230 were killed by whites, which is 7.6%

I meant in terms of population.

It's much more likely for a white person to be killed than a black person because, as OP was happy to point out

African-American's only make up around 13% of the US population
(edited 8 years ago)
With this recent shooting all the anti-racists are saying how White's are terrorising Black America.

racecrime.jpg

omfg here we go. ok. you know what. who cares? how's that?

It's much more likely for a white person to be killed than a white person because, as OP was happy to point out

eh?
Original post by Man.bear.pig
eh?

Edited lol, this is what happens when you get distracted mid post :tongue:
Oh god not another one of these "anti racist is anti white" nutjobs.
this sounds like the start of a manifesto to be honest
aww we have a little Dylann on here.
Reply 14

It's much more likely for a white person to be killed than a black person because, as OP was happy to point out
No, what you are saying makes no sense. The fact white people are a majority means that you would expect them to commit more murders than black people, which would balance out the fact they are also more likely to be victims (of course this isn't actually the case, since blacks are something like 5-6x more likely than whites to commit murder, in both the UK and US)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Another
Using this data, we can successfully conclude that white people killed 0.0006% of the black populace in 2008, whereas black people only killed 0.00025% of all white people. Therefore, we can definitely see a clear trend of white-on-black hate in the US (manipulating statistics to suit your agenda is fun, isn't it?)

Thanks!
My thoughts exactly
Original post by Longshot700
Oh god not another one of these "anti racist is anti white" nutjobs.

To be be fair you do get a lot of ignorant people that only stand up against discrimination from whites because its societally acceptable to do it. As soon as its speaking out against a Muslim for being a homophobe or whatever then its a whole other ball game
Original post by poohat
No, what you are saying makes no sense. The fact white people are a majority means that you would expect them to commit more murders than black people, which would balance out the fact they are also more likely to be victims (of course this isn't actually the case, since blacks are something like 5-6x more likely than whites to commit murder, in both the UK and US)

Makes perfect sense to me. OP is whining about more white people being killed by black people than blacks being killed by whites - talking about numbers. But, seeing as there's a much larger white population than black, it's expected that there's more people. You're going into likelihood - i.e. percentages.

For the record, a higher percentage of blacks got killed by whites than vice versa, so OP's argument would be invalid either way.
Reply 18

Well you just answered your own question, my friend. This argument is ignored because it very simple to answer, if you had a primary school level understanding of probability. Blacks kill more whites than visa versa because whites are the majority in the US, they are everywhere. So a crime against a white person doesn't necessarily have to be motivated by race.
Where as, a crime against a black person where they are a minority, where they are sparse, first of all isn't very probably hence why it happens less. And when it does happen, it's very likely to be racially motivated because it is implied that such a minority is specifically targeted from a larger bunch of white people.

Just in case you are struggling to understand, let's use a diagram for you mathematically challenged individuals:h:

Pretending that those red balls are also blue, whether you are black, white or asian, if you put your hand in bag and take a ball out at random, it is far more probable for you to draw a blue ball. Why? Because there are more of them in the bag. Just like there are more white people in America and thus a victim of any crime whether it's murder, theft, burglary is more likely to be white, regardless of the race of the perpetrator. Comprende?
Isn't learning FUN?!!!

racecrime.jpg

If you are participating in a statistical research project that demonstrates that some "racial" groups are more violent than others, then yes, you are more likely than not involved in a racist enterprise.

If this scientific research then has the most curious and interesting repeated finding that blacks are almost always the most violent group, then you sir are most certainly involved in a project which furthers white supremacy.

If you look around the room and your fellow researchers who are making this amazing--and self-validating discovery--are almost all white, then you sir are most definitely involved in a white racist project.

If one is cool with that then so be it; do not run away from the implications of that choice.

Remember racism in 2015 is not a racism were people say "Kill these blacks"

Racism is saying things - RIGHT UP UNTIL - it's clearly a racist statement. So white people will not say "Black people are violent savages" but they will throw out these 'stats' about crime

They won't say "Black people are stupid" but they will throw out stats about black people have a low IQ. They say think things that lead upto an obvious conclusion "Black people are violent and stupid"

This is how white people want to talk. But instead they talk in code where they try to masquerade their internal chaos into a form of rationality.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending