Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

La Société Française d'UKL (UKL French Soc) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well that's gratitude for you.

ReputationRep:
    Le samedi j'ai dormi jusqu'a douze heures. C'etait super! j’ai joue au tennis avec ma famille dans mon jardin. Mon père a gagné le jeu, mais c'est parce qu'il joue au tennis tout le temps, ce n'est pas juste. Apres j’ai fait du shopping avec mes copains. J’ai achete un manteau nouveau, des chaussures et une robe.j’ai fait mes devoirs. Je deteste les devoirs parce qu'ils prennent tout mon temps libre. Puis je suis allee au boum avec mes amis, c'etait amusant, mais apres le boum j'ai eu mal a la tete.Je suis arrivee chez moi a une heure. C'etait un jour amusant mais fatigant.

(Original post by little.princess.1991)
    ur such mean people. i would help you if you need help with anything you don't know but i do
    It's not that we're deliberately trying to spite you; it's more that it might be more beneficial to you if you attempt it first, and then seek clarification where necessary. Then you'll be able to see the areas which you're strong/weak at, and you'll know what needs further work. Also, if you're struggling with the work it might be better to ask your teacher. If you produce flawless pieces of work, then they might think that you don't need any help.

I'm taking GCSE French and German this year too, but we're not quite doing it in the way you seem to be. Why do you have to write out blocks of text for your oral? Is it for the presentation section?

(Original post by little.princess.1991)
    oh yeh and people its oral not coursework. we have to do so much and i am really stuck so thanx for everyone that helps me!!!
    But surely this is for the writing coursework:

"gcse german coursework - my ideal fuure job"

hello

has anyone done a piece in german about my ideal future job. what is the structure and what do you have to include?

thank you
    little.princess.1991
    And these seem pretty related:

thank you do you know how i could say in german:
    I am not scared of blood so blood will not be a problem if I become a doctor.
    thank you
    hello
    could some one translate this into german please.

my uncle is a doctor and therefore he wants me to be a doctor as well so that we can work together. Howver my uncle works with children and i don't want to work with children.

thank you
    i need it as soon as possible please. thank you for your help!
    little.princess.1991

ReputationRep:
    Yes, there really is no point in handing in coursework which is not your own, because at the end of the day, gaining a few extra UMS points isn't going to drastically alter your overall grade, and you won't feel proud of your grade at the end your GCSEs, so I therefore agree with Susie when she says that you should attempt your coursework first before you come into TSR and ask for a direct translation:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gooner1592)
    Yes, there really is no point in handing in coursework which is not your own, because at the end of the day, gaining a few extra UMS points isn't going to drastically alter your overall grade, and you won't feel proud of your grade at the end your GCSEs, so I therefore agree with Susie when she says that you should attempt your coursework first before you come into TSR and ask for a direct translation:rolleyes:
    its not for her coursework though, for her GCSE ORAL.. i wish i had had help like this when i was doing my GCSEs..

ReputationRep:
    I still think people should make an effort that we could correct, rather than just saying "translate this please". Especially in this case, considering how much stuff has been done for her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unfinished sympathy)
    its not for her coursework though, for her GCSE ORAL.. i wish i had had help like this when i was doing my GCSEs..
    Yeah, so she says, but as Susie pointed out, she has made quite a few posts around TSR saying that she needs help with her 'My Ideal Future Job' coursework. Nonetheless, I still don't think that it is acceptable that she asks for direct translations for her oral exam, because it should only show how good she can write and speak, not how some of the genius' on TSR can speak or write.:cool:

But the quotes I posted were about the writing coursework I'm pretty sure- because she even named the thread: "gcse german coursework - my ideal fuure job", and then the phrases in later threads were on the same topic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suuuuuuseh)
    But the quotes I posted were about the writing coursework I'm pretty sure- because she even named the thread: "gcse german coursework - my ideal fuure job", and then the phrases in later threads were on the same topic.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    i dont see the problem, its not affecting you, you dont have to anwer her posts do you.. you probs care that you havent cheated.. thats good for you, you know that you have done all your heard work for yourself.. but thats cos youre good at it! perhaps people who arent good at it, but need decent grades, have no other choice!

ReputationRep:
    i dont see the problem, its not affecting you, you dont have to anwer her posts do you.. you probs care that you havent cheated.. thats good for you, you know that you have done all your heard work for yourself.. but thats cos youre good at it! perhaps people who arent good at it, but need decent grades, have no other choice!
    We all understand that some people cannot be as good as some, which I'm not ashamed to say that I wish I was half as good as you at this minute in time, but our point (or at least mine anyways) is that it would make someone much more proud that they had done it all on their own, perhaps by doing some extra independent study:confused: I'm not annoyed that she's asking, I just believe that it would be much more beneficial for her if she were to learn by her mistakes

ReputationRep:
    We all understand that some people cannot be as good as some, which I'm not ashamed to say that I wish I was half as good as you at this minute in time, but our point (or at least mine anyways) is that it would make someone much more proud that they had done it all on their own, perhaps by doing some extra independent study:confused: I'm not annoyed that she's asking, I just believe that it would be much more beneficial for her if she were to learn by her mistakes
    i know what ya mean chuck i really do.. but the thing is and im not arguing with you chuck cos youre right, but some people dont want to do it thtat way, perhaps little princess does do extra study and tries her best, but she cant do it.. she may find it hard.. etc..

and gooner i have just done alevel, youre at GCSE stage youll be better than me when youve done cos ill have forgotten it all :p:

ReputationRep:
    i know what ya mean chuck i really do.. but the thing is and im not arguing with you chuck cos youre right, but some people dont want to do it thtat way, perhaps little princess does do extra study and tries her best, but she cant do it.. she may find it hard.. etc..

and gooner i have just done alevel, youre at GCSE stage youll be better than me when youve done cos ill have forgotten it all :p:
    Lol, well thank you:p: I do understand your point too, but i'm rather well known for not empathising enough:p:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, well thank you:p: I do understand your point too, but i'm rather well known for not empathising enough:p:
    nah why should ya :p: the thing is youre obviously conscientious which is a great characterisitc, keep on working hard at your french and german and youll be a great linguist btw im about to sign up to this spanish intensive course- 30 hours a week 6 hours a day :eek:

ReputationRep:
    nah why should ya :p: the thing is youre obviously conscientious which is a great characterisitc, keep on working hard at your french and german and youll be a great linguist btw im about to sign up to this spanish intensive course- 30 hours a week 6 hours a day :eek:
    :eek: Jeepers!:eek: That's quite a lot of time:p: But do these intensive language courses do any good? How long do you have to do them for?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Jeepers!:eek: That's quite a lot of time:p: But do these intensive language courses do any good? How long do you have to do them for?:confused:
    3 weeks.. its not to learn it- its supposed to give me confidence to speak with the spainsh people :p:

And I'm much worse than both of you! :p: Yeah- I know what you both mean. I think it just gets to me a little because we don't do coursework for either French or German, we just do the final exam in May and there is a lot of pressure.

I'd give anything to do a coursework spec, simply because it would give you time to think about it, and I think you've got dictionaries at your disposal too. But the way things are, one paper will make up 25% of my mark; and of course we don't know what the questions will be, it's timed, and you can't get any help or assistance.

ReputationRep:
    3 weeks.. its not to learn it- its supposed to give me confidence to speak with the spainsh people :p:
    Oh, well that makes sense then I was worried that you were going to have to learn the language intensively:p: Speaking of which...I really do need to want to start speaking Spanish and Italian too (simply because they have the same 'romantic' sound as French (apparently)), but i'll perhaps leave it until I have completed my A-Levels and take them up when I go to Uni:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suuuuuuseh)
    And I'm much worse than both of you! :p: Yeah- I know what you both mean. I think it just gets to me a little because we don't do coursework for either French or German, we just do the final exam in May and there is a lot of pressure.

I'd give anything to do a coursework spec, simply because it would give you time to think about it, and I think you've got dictionaries at your disposal too. But the way things are, one paper will make up 25% of my mark; and of course we don't know what the questions will be, it's timed, and you can't get any help or assistance.
    yes but you do know that its better to do the exam, cos they are sooo tough when they mark the coursework.. at least you get leeway in the exam cos youre nervous and stuff, but for coursework you have toget it perfet cos there is no reason why it shouldnt be, cos you have your dictionary and can ask for sneaky helop even though you shouldnt!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2008
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.