Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suuuuuuseh)
    I know what you mean, although I know I'm not going to get full marks for German GCSE, despite the fact I'm strictly speaking more German than I am English- what with only having a German passport and having an Irish dad.. :p:
    course you will :p: how can you not?

(Original post by unfinished sympathy)
    course you will :p: how can you not?
    Pretty simple- I've never ever needed to ask what the "washing facilities at the campsite are like" when I'm over there.. :p: People are always really surprised, but I've learned things from being exposed to them; and a lot of the GCSE topics I've never had to deal with in Germany. Particularly naming the parts of the car.. I struggle in English, let alone auf Deutsch.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty simple- I've never ever needed to ask what the "washing facilities at the campsite are like" when I'm over there.. :p: People are always really surprised, but I've learned things from being exposed to them; and a lot of the GCSE topics I've never had to deal with in Germany. Particularly naming the parts of the car.. I struggle in English, let alone auf Deutsch.
    :p: yeah but you know all the basics and stuff cos you talk in that lingo everyday... plus you can get yourself out of hard questions by chanign the subject subtley

:p: yeah but you know all the basics and stuff cos you talk in that lingo everyday... plus you can get yourself out of hard questions by chanign the subject subtley
    Haha yeah- it drove my old teacher crazy. She was a bit nervous and did everything absolutely by the book, so when it came to our presentations she wrote down the questions she would ask us and completely stuck to them, regardless of the answers we gave.

I'd just done my French oral 3 days before, and my French teacher is the complete opposite of her. :p: Comparatively, he didn't give us any indication of the areas he might ask us about, and instead just adapted it to the answers we gave. Like he asked me what kind of tasks I had to do on my work experience, and I told him they were mainly physical ones such as putting out hurdles, making sure all of the PE equipment was set up correctly, showing people how to use it etc. As a result of that, he asked me if I'd prefer a less practical work experience, and what I thought it would have been like had I'd done that.. and so on.

Anyway, so I went into my German oral thinking it would be like that, but it was the complete opposite. I was trying to make it lead onto the general conversation to make it a bit more interesting.. so every time I deviated a little, and made the answer more broad she freaked out and read the next question, before finally saying that we'd move onto the general conversation section. I didn't even notice it in French.. it just kind of merged there.

I find German writing the hardest actually, and harder than French. I rarely use written German, apart from in cards to my relatives.. and I pretty much neglect all of the rules for cases- I just go by what sounds right intuitively.

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah- it drove my old teacher crazy. She was a bit nervous and did everything absolutely by the book, so when it came to our presentations she wrote down the questions she would ask us and completely stuck to them, regardless of the answers we gave.

I'd just done my French oral 3 days before, and my French teacher is the complete opposite of her. :p: Comparatively, he didn't give us any indication of the areas he might ask us about, and instead just adapted it to the answers we gave. Like he asked me what kind of tasks I had to do on my work experience, and I told him they were mainly physical ones such as putting out hurdles, making sure all of the PE equipment was set up correctly, showing people how to use it etc. As a result of that, he asked me if I'd prefer a less practical work experience, and what I thought it would have been like had I'd done that.. and so on.

Anyway, so I went into my German oral thinking it would be like that, but it was the complete opposite. I was trying to make it lead onto the general conversation to make it a bit more interesting.. so every time I deviated a little, and made the answer more broad she freaked out and read the next question, before finally saying that we'd move onto the general conversation section. I didn't even notice it in French.. it just kind of merged there.

I find German writing the hardest actually, and harder than French. I rarely use written German, apart from in cards to my relatives.. and I pretty much neglect all of the rules for cases- I just go by what sounds right intuitively.
    well, i mean at least you know it there is intuition there for you youll do great you kow you will x

well, i mean at least you know it there is intuition there for you youll do great you kow you will x
    Aww thanks :hugs: I don't know about that- but there's still plenty of time left, so it's not too bad.

I'd better go- see you all tomorrow I presume! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Aww thanks :hugs: I don't know about that- but there's still plenty of time left, so it's not too bad.

I'd better go- see you all tomorrow I presume! :hugs:
    :p: bye susie :hugs: just believe in yourself, and that will get ya through

xx bonsoir :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wesetters)
    Bonjour tout le monde...et ne t'inquiète pas Susie!
    salut will :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    Ciao. Ca va?
    ou ca va bien merci... comment est-Paris?

Salut vous deux, il fait beau aujourd'hui pour une fois. Alors, je regarderai un match de foot plus tard.

ReputationRep:
    Paris est très bien...mais il pleuvait plutôt.
    oui mais c'est celebre pour ca non?

je sais pas ce que je ferai.... peut-etre je joue GTA

ReputationRep:
    Ouais, mais il ne pleuvait pas beacoup depuis mon arrivé

Moi je vais aller boire un verre avec une amie, puis j'ai beaucoup de travail/contrôle continu :s:
    ;console; mon pauvre :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    C'est la vie...
    oui je sais je vais jouer avec mon ps2 ciao will et susie- tous les deux de vous sont sur ma liste

ReputationRep:
    A prochaine :wavey:
    oui au revoir

A bientôt!

ReputationRep:
    Bonjour tlm! J'espere que vous etes tous bien aujourd'hui

Chui desole pour ne pas parler plus hier soir, Susie et Gemma, mais mon Internet s'est casse! Mais actuellement, il est repare!

(Original post by gooner1592)
    Bonjour tlm! J'espere que vous etes tous bien aujourd'hui

Chui desole pour ne pas parler plus hier soir, Susie et Gemma, mais mon Internet s'est casse! Mais actuellement, il est repare!
    Salut et ne t'en fais pas- c'est bien. Ca va?

ReputationRep:
    Salut et ne t'en fais pas- c'est bien. Ca va?
    Chui fabuleux aujourd'hui, et toi? Est-ce que tu as vu...nous sommes adore par Gemma (Unfinished Sympathy) ?:proud: Elle est tres sympa, oui?

(Original post by gooner1592)
    Chui fabuleux aujourd'hui, et toi? Est-ce que tu as vu...nous sommes adore par Gemma (Unfinished Sympathy) ?:proud: Elle est tres sympa, oui?
    Très bien et je suis pas mal merci. Ah oui, je l'ai vu et je suis touchée.

ReputationRep:
    Très bien et je suis pas mal merci. Ah oui, je l'ai vu et je suis touchée.
    Qu'est-ce qu'on va faire aujourd'hui, Susie? J'ai trop de devoirs pour mardi, et donc je ne peux pas sortir avec mes amis ou parler sur MSN (ca me perturbe trop de me concentrer)

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2008

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.