Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    salut!!
    may i join- im studying french and german a l'universite!! ugh - german - bane of my life!
    anyone else out here into french rap - im on a drive to convert as many ppl as possible!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shishi nee)
    salut!!
    may i join- im studying french and german a l'universite!! ugh - german - bane of my life!
    anyone else out here into french rap - im on a drive to convert as many ppl as possible!
    does mc sola count?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicman)
    does mc sola count?
    MC Solaar est super! J'adore ses chansons, surtout 'Solaar Pleure' , 'Inch' Allah' et 'La Vie est Belle'. Aussi, j'irais le voir au concert en Octobre avec ChloeChloe. Que pensez-vous de lui et des chansons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Or_Kiaz)
    MC Solaar est super! J'adore ses chansons, surtout 'Solaar Pleure' , 'Inch' Allah' et 'La Vie est Belle'. Aussi, j'irais le voir au concert en Octobre avec ChloeChloe. Que pensez-vous de lui et des chansons?
    Malheureusement, je n'ai jamais entendu ses chansons, mais selon ce que j'ai entendu (un petit peu de mes amis l'aiment), il est extraordinaire! Est-ce que c'est la musique rap??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Or_Kiaz)
    J'adore MC Solaar!!! as-tu son album ' Le Cinquieme As'? super - ses mots sont bcp plus que le rap - c'est une poesie!! 'Solaar pleure' - magnifique - c'est bcp plus mieux en francais qu'en anglais (il a enregistre (sorry no accents!) 2 versions pour son album), La belle et le bad boy est cool aussi - et inch'allah - je dis 'ma'ashaala'!!
    t'as entendu de Sniper ou Diam (DJ - J'sais que j'suis pas une bombe latine
    Ni une blonde platine, DJ!)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicman)
    Malheureusement, je n'ai jamais entendu ses chansons, mais selon ce que j'ai entendu (un petit peu de mes amis l'aiment), il est extraordinaire! Est-ce que c'est la musique rap??
    Ca c'est pourqoui MC Solaar est le beste au monde - american rap artists cant touch this guy! il a fait une chanson avec missy elliott - 'all in my grill' - je suis sure que vous l'avez entendue!

ReputationRep:
    hi
    can i join? i have studdied french the past six years and will continue with it at uni as well.

ReputationRep:
    Hi to you all,

My name is Jonathan Cohen , I'm 16 years old studying in a bilingual school in Paris.

I am doing the french baccalaureate along with the international option(the one from Cambridge) , I am in the scientific section .

I would like to be a member of this society and I am going to apply in September to the following(not final yet!):

Cambridge
    UCL
    LSE
    Warwick
    Either Nottingham or King's College
    Imperial business school

I would liek to sudy politics sciences or economics.

Thank you :cool:

Desole de vous poser une telle question, mais comment s'y prendre pour devenir membre de cette societe? (je ne peux mettre d'accents quand je tape a l'ordinateur!). Suffit-il simplement de repondre aux 'threads'?

I just did French A2 and AEA, and I'd really like to join, even though I'm not doing French at Uni.

ReputationRep:
    Can i join?!! I studied french a yea rin cyprus, yr 6. Then i have studied it out of school for 5 years and just have completed my gcses. I am going to study it next year for AS. I am hoping to study languages at university!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I would like to know if anybody in the french section doing the french baccalaureate perhaps with the international option(precise section plz) has been accepted at either :LSE , UCL, St Andrew's , Cambridge , Warwick for politics or economy and what grades were you asked in order to get in ?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Don't quite know what i have to do to join but can I lol?

I've just finished GCSE french, am not continuing next year but would like to keep it up to scratch/that sort of thing

ReputationRep:
    french rules ;P people look at me funny when i say i'm continuing it into a/s, but they can just poo off. i do not however claim to be anything but crap at mentioned language.

Quelles sont les meilleures attractions (à part la tour Eiffel), qu'il ne faut absolument pas manquer à Paris? J'y irai d'ici une semaine(j’en ai hâte) et je serais bien reconnaissant si quelqu'un pouvait me faire savoir où sont les monuments/sites les plus époustouflants!

(J’ai déjà appris tous mes insultes/des mots gros et ainsi de suite, après avoir lu ‘Merde’ de Geneviève…Va te faire cuire un oeuf!!!)...Ne vous fâchez pas, je rigole, c'est tout!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebladez777)
    Desole de vous poser une telle question, mais comment s'y prendre pour devenir membre de cette societe? (je ne peux mettre d'accents quand je tape a l'ordinateur!). Suffit-il simplement de repondre aux 'threads'?

I just did French A2 and AEA, and I'd really like to join, even though I'm not doing French at Uni.

It's me again (I'm the same person as firebladez)...just wondering whether I could re-join?

ReputationRep:
    Salut!

J'ai seize ans et j'ai parlé le français puisque j'étais huit ans.

J'étudie le français Subsidiaire Avancé en septembre - puis-je joindre s'il vous plaît ?

Je pourrais faire aussi le Cours Avancé complet en français dans l'Année douze.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesH)
    Salut!

J'ai seize ans et j'ai parlé le français puisque j'étais huit ans.

J'étudie le français Subsidiaire Avancé en septembre - peux-je joindre s'il vous plaît ?

Je pourrais faire aussi le Cours Avancé complet en français dans l'Année douze.

Hi, just a tip for the future: you can't say 'peux-je' in French. If you want to invert with pouvoir, you have to say 'puis-je' (can I?). It's a weird one. All other verbs remain more or less the same in inversion, but pouvoir changes. As in: puis-je vous aider?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebladez777.5)
    Hi, just a tip for the future: you can't say 'peux-je' in French. If you want to invert with pouvoir, you have to say 'puis-je' (can I?). It's a weird one. All other verbs remain more or less the same in inversion, but pouvoir changes. As in: puis-je vous aider?
    Thanks for that. I've only just finished GCSE French so I still have a lot to learn. You could say 'je peux vous aider' though couldn't you instead of 'puis-je'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesH)
    Thanks for that. I've only just finished GCSE French so I still have a lot to learn. You could say 'je peux vous aider' though couldn't you instead of 'puis-je'?

Of course! (even better would be 'Est-ce que je peux vous aider?' if you meant it like a question)

But your French seems at a fairly good standard for someone who's just finished GCSE. I've just done the A2 and French AEA (bloody impossible!)...but if you have any more questions, just ask (I'm dying to answer some...my French teacher told me to stop attending lessons in Upper Sixth, because I'd done the A2 in L6, and was "spoiling the lessons for everyone else" by knowing all the answers and being a smart alec). So there you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebladez777.5)
    Of course! (even better would be 'Est-ce que je peux vous aider?' if you meant it like a question)

But your French seems at a fairly good standard for someone who's just finished GCSE. I've just done the A2 and French AEA (bloody impossible!)...but if you have any more questions, just ask (I'm dying to answer some...my French teacher told me to stop attending lessons in Upper Sixth, because I'd done the A2 in L6, and was "spoiling the lessons for everyone else" by knowing all the answers and being a smart alec). So there you are.
    Well, I've heard the jump between GCSE and French in any subject is very great - I was told that in AS French and A2 in particular, precise and accurate grammar is essential for a good grade, in GCSE they are not as strict about it (though I thought they were!) so if I was a little stuck, your help would be appreciated

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2008
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.