Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Bonjour tout le monde! J'ai recu un 'A' pour A-Level en Francais, et (ce qui m'est plus important) un Distinction pour le AEA. Je m'acheterai quelques films francais pour maintenir ma connaisance de la langue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebladez777.5)
    Bonjour tout le monde! J'ai recu un 'A' pour A-Level en Francais, et (ce qui m'est plus important) un Distinction pour le AEA. Je m'acheterai quelques films francais pour maintenir ma connaisance de la langue.
    Yay well done!! Fantastic achievement - vachement superbe Make sure you do keep it up, don't do what I did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Yay well done!! Fantastic achievement - vachement superbe Make sure you do keep it up, don't do what I did
    Merci beaucoup pour tes mots gentils! I'll try to keep it up, but like you I'm doing a science-based subject (medicine) at university. it'll be difficult but I'm determined to maintain my standards.

Btw...your French seems at an excellent standard...what are you talking about?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    est ce que personne connais s'il y avait un film francais recemment sur la tv?

ReputationRep:
    I hope your still signing members up!

Im studying French for my GCSE's and would love to be a member!

Au Revoir!

Stefan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebladez777.5)
    Merci beaucoup pour tes mots gentils! I'll try to keep it up, but like you I'm doing a science-based subject (medicine) at university. it'll be difficult but I'm determined to maintain my standards.

Btw...your French seems at an excellent standard...what are you talking about?! :confused:
    Nah, I can stumble my way through basic convos using very basic vocab and grammar and that's it I know I can be better though - I used to be your standard so I know I can get back up there! Just gotta find the time (preferably time when I don't feel guilty about not doing biology)... Anyway - keep it up!

ReputationRep:
    Bonjour tout le monde! I've just discovered this website. J'adore le francais! I just got an A* at GCSE and will study it at AS and A2, after which I hope to study it at uni and teach it! C'est formidable! Can I join please??? Remerci en avance!

ReputationRep:
    does any know of scheme that recruits au pairs for students taking a gap year?

merci

ReputationRep:
    Il y avait un film qui s'appelle "Time Out" sur la chaine de BBC deux, il y a quelques semaines....c'etait thres noir, mais tres divertissant! Je le reccommend a tout le monde!

ReputationRep:
    Salut! Je voudrais se joindre, si vous prenez de nouveaux membres!
    Maintenaint, j'etude le francais pour A2, et je vais l'etudier a l'Uni, l'annee prochaine.

ReputationRep:
    just thought i'd let you know that i'm doing FRENCH ALEVEL now (wasn't originally doing so)... so i'll post here more often

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm just about to start French AS. It's probably my best subject, I got an A* in my GCSE, and I'm currently thinking I may do it at uni. However, I'm slightly worried that I won't be able to cope in AS, and also the oral thing sounds a bit scary! I was just wondering how people who have done it, have found it, and what exactly you have to do for the speaking section!
    Lucie x

ReputationRep:
    And also, please could I be a member?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loose_moose)
    Hey, I'm just about to start French AS. It's probably my best subject, I got an A* in my GCSE, and I'm currently thinking I may do it at uni. However, I'm slightly worried that I won't be able to cope in AS, and also the oral thing sounds a bit scary! I was just wondering how people who have done it, have found it, and what exactly you have to do for the speaking section!
    Lucie x
    I started AS French yesterday, when the oral was explained it seemed better than GCSE, it is possible to plan the oral a lot more and really go in depth in a subject.

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking French AS also, and it seems a scary prospect especially as only two people are taking it, including myself! I've also heard that modern languages are quite hard at A level, but i enjoy french so i should be okay. Although, i was predicted an A* and dropped to an A, as i found AQA listening very hard, and that's my only weakness in Frecnh..listening i find can be difficult. good luck everybody.

ReputationRep:
    I need some advice...

Going to start my course at UEA in a couple weeks' time. I'm definitely going to study French but I can't decide whether to just do the French, or do a double honours course with Spanish as well. Would it be a lot more work?

I really feel a lot stronger at the French than the Spanish but I don't think I'm good enough to tackle both at degree level. I don't think I'd miss studying Spanish but it seems awfully silly to stop learning it once I've got so far - especially as I will *have* to start to learn another language.

What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AcerBen)
    I need some advice...

Going to start my course at UEA in a couple weeks' time. I'm definitely going to study French but I can't decide whether to just do the French, or do a double honours course with Spanish as well. Would it be a lot more work?

I really feel a lot stronger at the French than the Spanish but I don't think I'm good enough to tackle both at degree level. I don't think I'd miss studying Spanish but it seems awfully silly to stop learning it once I've got so far - especially as I will *have* to start to learn another language.

What should I do?
    Hey ben! Ok so I'm a bit biased, but I think you should do it with Spanish-It's not that much more work, because if you do the two, you only do 1/2 the amount of units. Also think how much more employable you'll be with both languages, rather than just one! But at the end of the day, that's just my view, it's up to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemma.....)
    I'm taking French AS also, and it seems a scary prospect especially as only two people are taking it, including myself! I've also heard that modern languages are quite hard at A level, but i enjoy french so i should be okay. Although, i was predicted an A* and dropped to an A, as i found AQA listening very hard, and that's my only weakness in Frecnh..listening i find can be difficult. good luck everybody.
    Don't worry, I'm sure that your understanding will improve during the next year! The listening tapes are not *too* difficult - they are more difficult than GCSE, but much slower than a native speaker would be! Try listening to the radio online, such as Radio France. It helped me, anyway! The news is good to listen to: http://www.radiofrance.fr/chaines/france-info/accueil/
    Click on 'ecouter le direct' at the top of the screen.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Bienvenue aux suivants:

Smurfette, tomcoolinguk, choco frog chic, Linin, Chocolate Lover, Donn, SusieQ, Hazza CPFC, AcerBen, MagikGuy, kellywood 5, Lazlow, loose moose

ReputationRep:
    Je peux m'inscrire?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2008
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.