Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

La Société Française d'UKL (UKL French Soc) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    confou isn't a word. vont les amours means "goes love".
    you might be thinking of confus which means confused

ReputationRep:
    Coucou!

J'ai besoin de trouver quelques articles qui discutent la nouvelle constitution européenne pour un exposé. Bien que j'aie essayé de les trouver sur lemonde.fr je n'ai que trouvé un ou deux articles . Pourriez-vous m'aider?

Merci d'avance!

:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    tu peux acheter/emprunter le livre j'crois q'la nouvelle constitution a ete publie sinon tu peux toujours regarder sur le site de la communaute europeene
    http://europa.eu.int/futurum/eu_constitution_en.htm mais faudra trouvais la meme chose en francais.
    Ou tu peux t'abonne a lemonde.fr pour 6euros et faire des recherches d'archives

ReputationRep:
    voila j'ai trouve http://europa.eu.int/futurum/eu_constitution_fr.htm

ReputationRep:
    Merci

:elefant:

ReputationRep:
    Bonjour tout le monde, et j'ai un question pour vous. est-qu-il y a des sites web où on peut acheter des livres traduits dans le francais par examples : - les livres qui sont ecrit pour l'auditoire anglais mais en francais.

merci beaucoup.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceGeek)
    Bonjour tout le monde, et j'ai un question pour vous. est-qu-il y a des sites web où on peut acheter des livres traduits dans le francais par examples : - les livres qui sont ecrit pour l'auditoire anglais mais en francais.

merci beaucoup.....
    Oui, bien s^ur. C'est a Amazon.fr, o/u on peut achet/e par exemple La Guide Galactique de Douglas Adams, et beaucoup des autres choses.

Est-ce que je peut e^tre membre de la Societ/e?

Flytterbye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceGeek)

merci beaucoup.....
    Oui, bien s^ur. C'est a Amazon.fr, o/u on peut achet/e par exemple La Guide Galactique de Douglas Adams, et beaucoup des autres choses.

Est-ce que je peut e^tre membre de la Societ/e? J'ai fait ma GCSE depuis une ann/ee et j'avais une A*. Aussi, je fais mon AS cette ann/ee.

Flytterbye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flytterbye)

Est-ce que je peut e^tre membre de la Societ/e? J'ai fait ma GCSE depuis une ann/ee et j'avais une A*. Aussi, je fais mon AS cette ann/ee.

Flytterbye
    merci... mais, est-qu'il y a des autres sites parce que, je ne peux pas acheter rien a cause de il n'accepter pas mes cartes bancaires.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmJ)
    Forgive me if there is already a French society, but I couldn't see one and thought that it would be fun to start one!

It would be a good way to track down other Frenchy people for help/ chat. Please join if you are:
    *French
    *studying French at uni
    *studying French for GCSE, AS or A2
    *just interested in French!

Post here so that we can identify one another!
    Fellow linguists?! You mean they actually exist???

ReputationRep:
    :hello: bonjour! je voudrais être une membre de la Société Française d'UKL s'il vous plait!

I'm studying AS French this year but have a rubbish teacher, so need all the help i can get!!! can anyone recommend a decent AS French revision guide! :confused:

Au revoir! xxx

ReputationRep:
    Salut, moi je vais etudier le francais l'an prochain a l'université de Cambridge, y a t il d'autres membres qui vont l'etudier a l'universite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~nat~)
    :hello: bonjour! je voudrais être une membre de la Société Française d'UKL s'il vous plait!

I'm studying AS French this year but have a rubbish teacher, so need all the help i can get!!! can anyone recommend a decent AS French revision guide! :confused:

Au revoir! xxx
    moi aussi! I have loads of revision guides and theyre wonderful, i think letts revise as french is spectacular, has all the vocab listed in the specific topics, and also very thorough, detailed.
    What i find really useful is "elan" a grammar workbook by oxford.(marian jones and gill maynard) that's awesome, and i ordered mot a mot by paul humberstone (detailed vocab book quite a high level) very very good.
    Yeah ok i go overboard on books:P

By the way does anyone know, i did a mock unit 1 exam (aqa) it was thrown at me literally and we have module 1 in june not jan, so i hadnt revised at all, the teacher said i got 60/105 which is grade c - do you think this is ok to begin with and build up high marks towards june? I hadnt done anything at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemma.....)
    By the way does anyone know, i did a mock unit 1 exam (aqa) it was thrown at me literally and we have module 1 in june not jan, so i hadnt revised at all, the teacher said i got 60/105 which is grade c - do you think this is ok to begin with and build up high marks towards june? I hadnt done anything at all.
    Congratulations! That's a great start to the AQA course. I know how difficult the multi-skills can be! Generally it is the hardest unit out of the three (although I personally hated unit 2). One of my French teachers did the same thing to my class (all 3 of us) and I got 62, I ended up with 85/105 in the real thing so u can only get better.

I can't stress enough the importance of independent learning when it comes to languages. If you've started AS French this year you MUST do some work on your own, not just what the teachers give to you. I began listening to loads of French music and watching French television - this had greatly improved my accent. Reading short stories in French also improved my reading comprehension skills (Newspapers are also great for this).

About French

Real French

The above links are excellent sites in helping throughout ur studies. If anyone has any more questions about the AQA syllabus or any tips with exams post on the forum or message me. :hello:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Or_Kiaz)
    Congratulations! That's a great start to the AQA course. I know how difficult the multi-skills can be! Generally it is the hardest unit out of the three (although I personally hated unit 2). One of my French teachers did the same thing to my class (all 3 of us) and I got 62, I ended up with 85/105 in the real thing so u can only get better.

I can't stress enough the importance of independent learning when it comes to languages. If you've started AS French this year you MUST do some work on your own, not just what the teachers give to you. I began listening to loads of French music and watching French television - this had greatly improved my accent. Reading short stories in French also improved my reading comprehension skills (Newspapers are also great for this).

About French

Real French

The above links are excellent sites in helping throughout ur studies. If anyone has any more questions about the AQA syllabus or any tips with exams post on the forum or message me. :hello:
    Wow, thanks for that advice, it was much appreciated, websites seem very very good also . Yes Unit one is abit all over the place, but equally not too thrilled about unit 2 and essay style writing. seems like a lot of topics to cover to me, but that's the wonderful world of languages i guess.
    Yeah i must improve my listening loads, it doesnt catch on. Anyway Many thanks! & Independent learning is really needed, ive started reading l'etranger, working through my elan grammar book and looking at new vocab (reading articles off lemonde.fr) so going cool getting into it

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I haven't been on here for ages, and there's so much to catch up on!

ReputationRep:
    Tips for AQA French...hmm...

For our writing exam, our teacher gave us loads of articles from the site of les clès junior – this not only gives you all the society rubbish you need to get high marks, it also helps build up your vocabulary. I got full marks on this one, as well as on the German equivalent – it's all technique. Be clued up about the issues surrounding the topics, and try to get your French to a good standard, although that isn't necessary to do well on the exam. Which is sad.

ReputationRep:
    thanks gemma...i have that elan book and mot a mot and they are LIFESAVERS!how far into the AS course are you?What are you studying? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~nat~)
    thanks gemma...i have that elan book and mot a mot and they are LIFESAVERS!how far into the AS course are you?What are you studying? :p:
    AH hello! Bonjour! Don't you just love mot a mot! C'est fantastique! My only problem is that i dont want to rely on it too much, ie to the point where im writing fancy things, not remembering it and thinking hmm what did i just write!

Elan is brill, i do some of that every week or i try to. Thing is, im scared about french, i keep thinking ill fail, daft i know, but we havent started speaking or anything, not looked at pre release material too much either! :eek: :idea: the only thing i can do is read very good.Im terrified, we have objectif bac in class what we follow - only on module 5 or unit 5 whatever:O At the min, im doing "stop etudes" - how the french work etc

Et toi? What are you doing? if you want to add me to talk about french then:
    [email protected] - weird add i know! :aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    I find that Elan is better than previous books ive worked from, simply because the exercises are more relevant to the topics im studying in class and so it gets to the point. Hope i dont rely on it TOO much though...
    Im a bit worried, we have just got the pre-release material booklet but havent started it yet, and the very few topics we've studied so far have only been half completed..my teacher is more concerned about organising a french trip/french exchange!!!! I'm kinda feeling like ive lost all the skills and info i learnt at GCSE....

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.