Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

La Société Française d'UKL (UKL French Soc) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Quand ?

Moi j'ai rien à faire... absolument rien...

C'est pour ça que j'ai rien à dire.
    Les semaines avant le 4 septembre! Quand je dois retourner pour completer mes etudes... Franchement, je voudrais etudier maintenant car je m'ennuie beaucoup!
    Autrement, je voudrais faire quelque chose exigeant comme les problèmes mathematiques ou bien une rédaction de la théorie économique classique!!
    Un peu triste, non? :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Bonjour mes amis!

Sorry to type in English for a second, but I'm just filling out a French application form and they're asking me for my "zone academique"...any clues as to what this means? (I have an option to choose A, B or C...)

Cheers in advance for any help

ReputationRep:
    I think it's to do with the area in which you went to school in France. French schools are split into different zones which all start their holidays at staggered intervals, presumably to prevent mass tourism to the south :p: Seeing as you obviously didn't go to school in France, I would leave this blank or put 'sans objet' (not applicable).

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelil)
    Bonjour mes amis!

Sorry to type in English for a second, but I'm just filling out a French application form and they're asking me for my "zone academique"...any clues as to what this means? (I have an option to choose A, B or C...)

Cheers in advance for any help
    What's the application form for?

ReputationRep:
    Ach, twas just some crappy temporary employment form. I've filled it in now

ReputationRep:
    Ah right. Are you the one who has a boyfriend from France? Are you living in France for a while or something?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've been living with him since July 14th and I'm here until 12th September It's great

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, that's cool. What part of France? Does your bf live in France permanently?

ReputationRep:
    Hey. Does anyone know if there is a French channel on Sky?

ReputationRep:
    There's TV5 I think!
    It's after the Indian channels...I watch it from time to time just to pick up new french vocab!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bexiness!)
    Hey. Does anyone know if there is a French channel on Sky?
    Yip....I'm almost sure it's in the 800s somewhere. Called TV5 as somebody else has said. I'm not sure of the exact channel nowadays though because I only watch French TV on the internet these days Much better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by city_chic)
    Oh wow, that's cool. What part of France? Does your bf live in France permanently?
    Yeah, he lives here permanently and I'll be moving here in 2008 or 2009.
    We're currently in a Parisian suburb (not a million miles from wesetters actually!) but he's actually from the south. Tbh we'll probably stay up here owing to job opportunities etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelil)
    Yeah, he lives here permanently and I'll be moving here in 2008 or 2009.
    We're currently in a Parisian suburb (not a million miles from wesetters actually!) but he's actually from the south. Tbh we'll probably stay up here owing to job opportunities etc etc.
    Wow, lucky :p: What career are you interested in?

ReputationRep:
    Journalism, or English language teaching.

ReputationRep:
    Cool I was interested in journalism for a short while, but after doing work experience on a local newspaper a short while ago, I've been put off it. It made me completely change my career ideas as throughout Year 12 all I thought was that I'd do a degree in French (and English Lang maybe) and perhaps go into journalism or the like, but then I realised that doing a language degree could potentially get me nowhere, as I don't have any desire to teach or anything either. I still don't know what I'll end up doing right now. I'd love to get into a Vet Med gateway course, but that's seeming out of the Q atm...

ReputationRep:
    I applied for an internship at the International Herald Tribune this summer but I applied too late, apparently you need to apply by the Christmas before! Still, it doesn't surprise me to hear that and at least I know now. (Careers guidance at my uni was crap...)

Salut encore tout le monde!

ReputationRep:
    Salut!!
    ça va?

(Original post by sugar_cane)
    Salut!!
    ça va?
    Je suis un peu fatiguée, mais ça va! Et toi?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2008
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.