Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

La Société Française d'UKL (UKL French Soc) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Is that a full sentence? If not can you give us some more context? It's certainly not French as I know it... it might be very old, very liberal French. :p:
    Qu'est ce-que le problème avec mon mot "baisers"? C'est la meme que "bisous"!!! Que le Soit loué!!!!
    That was what was said...so I was curious how the last bit would be translated...! (with added point that the person who said it, thought I wouldn't be able to translate it :p:)
    merci!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: We're at 8000!:party:

Et, salut tout le monde! Ça va?

(Original post by sugar_cane)
    That was what was said...so I was curious how the last bit would be translated...! (with added point that the person who said it, thought I wouldn't be able to translate it :p:)
    merci!
    Normally the phrase is "Dieu soit loué" which is thanks be to God/praise the Lord- loué in that context meaning praised as opposed to literally hired, er as in "May God be hired!" :p: It could be a reference to that, but I'm not particularly religious, so I'm not entirely sure as to whether you can use it in that context.

ReputationRep:
    Merci!
    I'll let you know if I've got the right translation!

(Original post by sugar_cane)
    Merci!
    I'll let you know if I've got the right translation!
    De rien!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wesetters)
    It's like "thank God !"

The key is the capitalised "Soit", I think.
    That's what I thought! Just wanted clarification (I hate being wrong :p:)

ReputationRep:
    Hello everybody! I'm new in this forum and I'm french and I'm very satisfied to have found the french society. I was looking for the society for thirty minutes... I am living in Lyon and I study English for 4 years.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Anthony69)
    Hello everybody! I'm new in this forum and I'm french and I'm very satisfied to have found the french society. I was looking for the society for thirty minutes... I am living in Lyon and I study English for 4 years.
    Hi, and welcome to the society.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Bah, les Finnoises sont parties...la normalité/mondanité rentre...

Ca va tout le monde ?
    Ben ouais, ça va. Trop de travail à faire avant d'aller à Cambridge mais à part ça, ouais. Et toi?

Bah, les Finnoises sont parties...la normalité/mondanité rentre...

Ca va tout le monde ?
    Et ta sobriété?

(Original post by Anthony69)
    Welcome mon ami!

ReputationRep:
    Saluuuuuuut tlm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by city_chic)
    Saluuuuuuut tlm
    Salut!:ciao: Ça va?

ReputationRep:
    Ca va bien merci Et toi? As-tu fait beaucoup aujourd'hui ou pas?

ReputationRep:
    J'suis pas mal merci Mais non, je n'ai fait rien d'intéressant aujourd'hui, sauf aller à l'école avec un de mes amis pour voir si elle peut rejoindre notre année, et puis, je suis rentré chez moi. Tu as fait beaucoup?

ReputationRep:
    Non, pas du tout vraiment :p: Demain j'irai a l'école pour constater ce que je continuer avec cette année; pas le biologie je pense, malheureusement...

ReputationRep:
    Non, pas du tout vraiment :p: Demain j'irai a l'école pour constater ce que je continuer avec cette année; pas le biologie je pense, malheureusement...
    :hugs: Ce n'est pas si grave, parce que tu n'auras pas besoin de rattraper les examens de la biologie l'année prochaine

ReputationRep:
    Oui, je suppose. Mais si, je rattraperai un examen; l'éxamen ce qui jai obtenu un E... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oui, je suppose. Mais si, je rattraperai un examen; l'éxamen ce qui jai obtenu un E... :p:
    :p: Ouais, ce serait une bonne idée:p: J'ai l'intention de rattraper mes examens de la chimie, car j'ai reçu D, E, D:p: Urgh, c'est assez chiant:rolleyes:

:ciao: Will, ça va, à part d'avoir sommeil?:p:

EDIT: Ma 1001 poste dans cette soc!:party:

:p:

:yawn:

Que je suis fatigué
    :ditto:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2008
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.