Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Is that a full sentence? If not can you give us some more context? It's certainly not French as I know it... it might be very old, very liberal French. :p:
    Qu'est ce-que le problème avec mon mot "baisers"? C'est la meme que "bisous"!!! Que le Soit loué!!!!
    That was what was said...so I was curious how the last bit would be translated...! (with added point that the person who said it, thought I wouldn't be able to translate it :p:)
    merci!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: We're at 8000!:party:

Et, salut tout le monde! Ça va?

(Original post by sugar_cane)
    That was what was said...so I was curious how the last bit would be translated...! (with added point that the person who said it, thought I wouldn't be able to translate it :p:)
    merci!
    Normally the phrase is "Dieu soit loué" which is thanks be to God/praise the Lord- loué in that context meaning praised as opposed to literally hired, er as in "May God be hired!" :p: It could be a reference to that, but I'm not particularly religious, so I'm not entirely sure as to whether you can use it in that context.

ReputationRep:
    Merci!
    I'll let you know if I've got the right translation!

(Original post by sugar_cane)
    Merci!
    I'll let you know if I've got the right translation!
    De rien!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wesetters)
    It's like "thank God !"

The key is the capitalised "Soit", I think.
    That's what I thought! Just wanted clarification (I hate being wrong :p:)

ReputationRep:
    Hello everybody! I'm new in this forum and I'm french and I'm very satisfied to have found the french society. I was looking for the society for thirty minutes... I am living in Lyon and I study English for 4 years.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Anthony69)
    Hello everybody! I'm new in this forum and I'm french and I'm very satisfied to have found the french society. I was looking for the society for thirty minutes... I am living in Lyon and I study English for 4 years.
    Hi, and welcome to the society.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Bah, les Finnoises sont parties...la normalité/mondanité rentre...

Ca va tout le monde ?
    Ben ouais, ça va. Trop de travail à faire avant d'aller à Cambridge mais à part ça, ouais. Et toi?

Bah, les Finnoises sont parties...la normalité/mondanité rentre...

Ca va tout le monde ?
    Et ta sobriété?

(Original post by Anthony69)
    Welcome mon ami!

ReputationRep:
    Saluuuuuuut tlm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by city_chic)
    Saluuuuuuut tlm
    Salut!:ciao: Ça va?

ReputationRep:
    Ca va bien merci Et toi? As-tu fait beaucoup aujourd'hui ou pas?

ReputationRep:
    J'suis pas mal merci Mais non, je n'ai fait rien d'intéressant aujourd'hui, sauf aller à l'école avec un de mes amis pour voir si elle peut rejoindre notre année, et puis, je suis rentré chez moi. Tu as fait beaucoup?

ReputationRep:
    Non, pas du tout vraiment :p: Demain j'irai a l'école pour constater ce que je continuer avec cette année; pas le biologie je pense, malheureusement...

ReputationRep:
    Non, pas du tout vraiment :p: Demain j'irai a l'école pour constater ce que je continuer avec cette année; pas le biologie je pense, malheureusement...
    :hugs: Ce n'est pas si grave, parce que tu n'auras pas besoin de rattraper les examens de la biologie l'année prochaine

ReputationRep:
    Oui, je suppose. Mais si, je rattraperai un examen; l'éxamen ce qui jai obtenu un E... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oui, je suppose. Mais si, je rattraperai un examen; l'éxamen ce qui jai obtenu un E... :p:
    :p: Ouais, ce serait une bonne idée:p: J'ai l'intention de rattraper mes examens de la chimie, car j'ai reçu D, E, D:p: Urgh, c'est assez chiant:rolleyes:

:ciao: Will, ça va, à part d'avoir sommeil?:p:

EDIT: Ma 1001 poste dans cette soc!:party:

:p:

:yawn:

Que je suis fatigué
    :ditto:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2008

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.