The Student Room Group

What did you forget?

This is a question to all those already at university, who can hopefully educate us from their mistakes.
When you moved into halls/private accomodation/the dumpster behind the Science block, what did you forget?

My friend Jennie went off to university with a years supply of tinned goods, got to university and not a single person she met had remembered a tin opener (mind you it was South Bank....).

Another friend managed to forget their brand new laptop and had to wait 2 weeks before she could get it.
Well a friend of mine who's studying at Newcastle, didn't actually forget anything but his suitcase was lost in Heathrow so he was left without bed linen and some clothes (he had another suitcase so he didnt have to buy loads of new clothes) for two weeks. (he arrived there two days before the freshers week).
He also had a new camcorder in the suitcase. Long live the BA! lol
At least it was found..
Reply 2
The only thing i forgot to bring was a length of network cable to connect my pc to the network socket. We have tonnes of cables at home but I never thought to bring one.
hmm cutlery - even though i'm in catered a bowl and a knife and fork do come in handy
Reply 4
Nothing *smug* Although I took WAY more posters/throws/cushions for the second term.
blissy
Nothing *smug* Although I took WAY more posters/throws/cushions for the second term.

oooh go you Blissy!
Reply 6
I didn't forget anything major, but when my parents came up 6 weeks into term I got them to bring me some board games, cos none of my housemates had one. I also got them to bring some of the shoes I left at home, thinking I wouldn't need, but decided I did need! And I also bought up loads more stuff at the beginning of the second term (like clothes, bags, more photo's to stick up etc).
Reply 7
Only 2 out of 8 people in my flat had brought an oven tray with them, but we soon bought more. I forgot my waterproof coat (and I'm in Wales!) but my parents kindly posted it to me! :biggrin:

I did however also manage to bring both me and my sister's duvet covers, so I had four and she had none... whoops!
Reply 8
how did you decide which clothes/shoes to bring? cos i have way too many to take them all with me. how much stuff did you take?

lou xxx
I have nothing to wear but not even enough room to store all my clothes at university.
I'm taking all my clothes with me and before I leave having a huge clean out.
I don't plan to live at home ever again apart from holidays...
Reply 10
I'm taking ever thing i own as i will be renting a flat. SCARY!! I'll be pretty stuffed if i forget stuff. Knowing me it will be something important like keys..
Reply 11
Sarky
I'm taking ever thing i own as i will be renting a flat. SCARY!! I'll be pretty stuffed if i forget stuff. Knowing me it will be something important like keys..

lol.. that happened to my brother.. although they let him in somehow
Reply 12
Chicken
I didn't forget anything major, but when my parents came up 6 weeks into term I got them to bring me some board games, cos none of my housemates had one. I also got them to bring some of the shoes I left at home, thinking I wouldn't need, but decided I did need! And I also bought up loads more stuff at the beginning of the second term (like clothes, bags, more photo's to stick up etc).

Twister - essential for drinking games!
Reply 13
Bitewing
Twister - essential for drinking games!

And Monopoly! Drunken Monopoly is great fun!
Reply 14
I forgot to take toilet paper with me - which was annoying because I was first in the house - there wasn't any there, and it was about 6:30 on a Sunday so I had to make a trek to the nearest garage to get some! :rolleyes:
Reply 15
lou p
how did you decide which clothes/shoes to bring? cos i have way too many to take them all with me. how much stuff did you take?

lou xxx

I had a massive clearout, I pulled absolutely everything out of my wardrobe and anything that i couldn't remember the last time i'd worn went in a charity bag, anything that I wore frequently got put in the pile to come to uni, and anything else left over I thought whether i'd ever wear it again - if no I chucked it in the charity bag, if yes I either brought it with me or left in the wardrobe at home (stuff like smarter suits that I had for work <worked at John Lewis> stayed at home).

As for shoes - well I bought ones I wore quite a lot, and then decided I couldn't live without some others so when my parents came up to visit I got them to bring more (and I've bought about 5 pairs since coming to uni :rolleyes: ). Shoes aren't a problem, they fit under your bed or at the bottom of your wardrobe! Fitting my clothes in wasn't oo bad - if need be get one of those plastic drawers on wheels, and put tops in it and keep it under your bed so you can use it like a drawer.
I forgot my tv remote so i couldn't tune my tv in when i got here - i had to wait till my dad visited and he brought it with him :smile:
I forgot... to be discriminating in what I took, and took far too much stuff.

The first term, I brought bedding with me, only to find it was provided. So the second term, I didn't bother - only to find it was no longer provided. :rolleyes:
Reply 18
Sarky

I'd rather forget something than have no space in my room for a whole year.

Latest

Trending

Trending